Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: A score of 217
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:44 pm 

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum. Firstly well done to all the kiddies whatever number came in the post today, you should all be super proud :D

My DS has a score of 217, super proud of him.. BV is up there for us as a choice, what are his chances??

Thank you

Post subject: Re: A score of 217
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:31 pm 

BV is becoming more and more popular and rightly so as it's a super school - unfortunately for you this means that on 217 your son is highly unlikely to receive an offer on 1 March.

It's still definitely placing as first choice (if it is first choice) to be possibly offered off the waiting list.

We do not know exactly what the last waiting list offer for BV was this year, but the school or LA should have and be able to give you this information - if you get it please let us know. It can give some indication of the chances.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:36 pm 

um wrote:
BV is becoming more and more popular and rightly so as it's a super school - unfortunately for you this means that on 217 your son is highly unlikely to receive an offer on 1 March.

It's still definitely placing as first choice (if it is first choice) to be possibly offered off the waiting list.

We do not know exactly what the last waiting list offer for BV was this year, but the school or LA should have and be able to give you this information - if you get it please let us know. It can give some indication of the chances.

Thank you so much. QM is his 1st choice BV will go as a second. I agree it is a super school.

I will of course let you know, thanks again

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:20 pm 

Does that mean my DS should be relatively safe on 225? I’m a tad worried about the impact of the extra 600 which sat the exam.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:47 pm 

Wolczr wrote:
Does that mean my DS should be relatively safe on 225? I’m a tad worried about the impact of the extra 600 which sat the exam.

Although we don’t really know until 1st March, I would be confident with 225. The score has been steadily rising over the years for BV, but even if it does rise again you should still be ok.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:18 pm 

my DS also scored 217 we live in Shirley. the closest would be FW or BV I think. I am hoping he may stand a chance for BV on the waiting list.

would he stand no chance at FW? he really likes the school and this is would be ideal as has a green bus. BV would be very difficult for him to travel to.

not sure if even worth putting down as a choice. any advise would bewelcomed!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:48 pm 

Sandkb wrote:
my DS also scored 217 we live in Shirley. the closest would be FW or BV I think. I am hoping he may stand a chance for BV on the waiting list.

would he stand no chance at FW? he really likes the school and this is would be ideal as has a green bus. BV would be very difficult for him to travel to.

Assuming you are non PP Five Ways in my opinion would be a wasted choice.You should consider KE Handsworth where he will get a place and KE Aston maybe from the waiting lists.

Abraham Lincoln

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:55 pm 

Sandkb wrote:

You could get to HGS quicker than BV - according to Centro journey planner it's just over 50 minutes from Shirley station, changing to the no 74 bus in town. I've seen a group of lads waiting for that bus in the morning and at parents evening last year one of the parents told me there was a group getting the train (then 74) from Hall Green - is that the same line?

Obviously if you have a good local comprehensive you may prefer to opt for that. It's a very personal decision.