Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Percentile Rank?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:52 am 

Quick intro: First post on the forum. Wow! The day after the day before - rollercoaster of emotions yesterday for us all. It’s an incredibly cruel system our state has imposed on us! Continental friends are horrified that we have to teach our kids the realities of “success” and “failure” at the innocent tender-lamb age of 10! Protect your beautiful children from that reality and I am overwhelmed at how all of you here live and breathe that need to protect them and see them happy.

Have finally got head around standardised scoring. Are there any published tables from the Birmingham consortium which can help work out percentile rank for a score? I know roughly say 120 for each section should be top 7-8% - but possible to be more precise? I think ultimately this is the metric to think about for the future - for example an A in GCSE goes typically to the top 20% of candidates - so tells you how severe these 11+ cut-offs are.

Post subject: Re: Percentile Rank?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:05 am 

Hi GrafvonSponeck.

Please refer to my last post on the below thread. That will give you a very close rank based on your SD score. I also noted from some FOI data, from previous years, that standard devaition being used will be close to 13. In the thread below it uses 15.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=55285&start=10

Post subject: Re: Percentile Rank?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:52 am 

It was quoted on one the threads here that 5967 took the test this year