Score of 235 / Camphill Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nadia1982

Score of 235 / Camphill Girls

Post by nadia1982 »

Hey my daughter scored 235. I would like to list Camphill girls as my first choice. Last years cut off was 236 however previous years was 235. What are the chances of her getting a place a Camphill and how would this effect our Second choice of Handsworth girls?
So nervous.
MarvelFan

Re: Score of 235 / Camphill Girls

Post by MarvelFan »

Hi.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 11&t=55715" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Previous forum post link above.

231 was offered off the wait list for 2018. So good chance you will get offer off wait list.
Definitely put down on list as No.1 if you set on DD going there.

No won’t effect KEHG as 2nd choice.
You’ll get that based on last years results on offer day and probably wait list for KECH.
The important thing is to list schools in order of preference.

Congratulations on excellent score.
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

I think she’s very likely to get in although it could be off the waiting list after March .

If Camp Hill is your first choice list it first followed by Handsworth. If the cut off is higher than 235 on 1 March she will be allocated Handsworth and she’ll automatically go on the CHG waiting list. Girls with the same score will be listed according to distance from the school.

Good luck!
nadia1982

Post by nadia1982 »

Morning,

Thank you ever so much for taking your time out to respond.
Will be submitting the preferences later to day.

:)
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I agree with above, 235 is a very good score and stands a very good chance from the waiting list.

It must go as your first preference.

A common misconception is that people believe if they don't put a school as first choice it jeopardises their chances of getting that school.

This is incorrect, the schools have no idea where you placed them on the form. It is not the schools that allocate the places, it is done by the councils.

Therefore make sure you put the schools in the exact order you want them. If you don't get your first choice school, you will be offered second and placed on list for first. Any preferences below what you are offered are removed from your application and you don't go on waiting lists for these.
nadia1982

Post by nadia1982 »

Thank you MarvelFan. We didn't consider CampHill until after her results came. But it is out first preference now. I have just filled in the application form. It's going to be a long wait ahead.
nadia1982

Post by nadia1982 »

Hey Nervous mom,

Thank you so much for commenting on my post.
Also thank you for clearing up my misconception on how the places are offered and also how the waiting lists work.
It's also a bit nerve-racking having to list 6 choices as really there are only two schools we are interested in.

This forum is amazing i wish i had found it sooner.

Thank you for your help and advice.

Wishing you a wonderful day.

nervousmom wrote:I agree with above, 235 is a very good score and stands a very good chance from the waiting list.

It must go as your first preference.

A common misconception is that people believe if they don't put a school as first choice it jeopardises their chances of getting that school.

This is incorrect, the schools have no idea where you placed them on the form. It is not the schools that allocate the places, it is done by the councils.

Therefore make sure you put the schools in the exact order you want them. If you don't get your first choice school, you will be offered second and placed on list for first. Any preferences below what you are offered are removed from your application and you don't go on waiting lists for these.
KenR

Post by KenR »

Not sure where you live, but have you considered KEFW - or don’t you want to consider a co-ed grammar?
nadia1982

Post by nadia1982 »

Hey KenR,

I've listed KEFW as my 3rd choice its over 10 miles away from us. I don't want to add an extra burden on my daughter of having to travel too far out for school. Both KEFW and Sutton girls are a bit of a trek. Camphill and Handsworth are located better for us.
Personally I think co-ed is better for children. If she wasn't going to a Grammer school i would not have considered sending her to a girls school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now