Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: QM Results 2019
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:02 am 

Firstly well done kiddies regardless of the number that came in the post today, you’re all superstars!

God my heart is pounding our results have just arrived! Any support would help greatly with regards to the likelihood of getting a place.. me and my son are filling in the application form today and want to put this school as a first choice last years entry was 333 were on 329??

Thanks everyone and good luck all ***

Post subject: Re: QM Results 2019
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:27 am 

Tinka1979 wrote:
Firstly well done kiddies regardless of the number that came in the post today, you’re all superstars!

God my heart is pounding our results have just arrived! Any support would help greatly with regards to the likelihood of getting a place.. me and my son are filling in the application form today and want to put this school as a first choice last years entry was 333 were on 329??

I think last years cut off was 337? Have a look at the page where all the cut offs are listed. It was a huge jump and lots of people were disappointed, having thought they had safe scores. It’s difficult to predict what will happen this year but I think if cut off was similar, 329 would be unlikely to get a place even though it’s a very good score.

I would still put it first but you need to have a plan B. Did your son take the Birmingham test?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:37 am 

Oh I see he has 217. That should get him a place at HGS and a good possibility of Aston too. BV is more uncertain.

There were a few posters in the same boat last year - I remember Lategate in particular. They all ended up at HGS and have posted to say they’re happy with it. It will depend on your comp options though and whether travel is feasible.

The good thing is - you have a few possible grammars and one definite!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:47 am 

Tinka1979 wrote:

Congratulations.. that's a fantastic score and had it been a few years ago, it would have been a comfortable score, definitely put it as your 1st choice. There was a monumental jump last year so lets hope it drops somewhat this year.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:50 am 

The scores are in today's post? I thought they were going out 15th for QM? Have I misunderstood?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:02 am 

Secondtimeround wrote:
The scores are in today's post? I thought they were going out 15th for QM? Have I misunderstood?

On the online application form which I read on the WGHS website (which will be the same for each schooli in the consortium ) it said results will go out week commencing 15th October.QMGS 's results have been known to go out earlier than the date stated.

Abraham Lincoln

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:06 am 

Secondtimeround wrote:

Hey, that’s what I thought however mine have arrived today. Good luck

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:07 am 

OP- you might think about asking the mods to remove your two duplicate threads?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:08 am 

crazycrofter wrote:
Tinka1979 wrote:

I think last years cut off was 337? Have a look at the page where all the cut offs are listed. It was a huge jump and lots of people were disappointed, having thought they had safe scores. It’s difficult to predict what will happen this year but I think if cut off was similar, 329 would be unlikely to get a place even though it’s a very good score.

I would still put it first but you need to have a plan B. Did your son take the Birmingham test?

Thank you so much for your reply the letter says 333 but I don’t get it ha ha my heart can’t take much more lol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:08 am 

crazycrofter wrote:
Tinka1979 wrote:

Thank you so much for your reply the letter says 333 but I don’t get it ha ha my heart can’t take much more lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next