QM Results 2019

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Secondtimeround

Re: QM Results 2019

Post by Secondtimeround »

Thank you, that was a very early postman though! Not sure I'm ready for another result today! :shock:
Tinka1979

Post by Tinka1979 »

bluejay wrote:
Tinka1979 wrote:Firstly well done kiddies regardless of the number that came in the post today, you’re all superstars!

God my heart is pounding our results have just arrived! Any support would help greatly with regards to the likelihood of getting a place.. me and my son are filling in the application form today and want to put this school as a first choice last years entry was 333 were on 329??

Thanks everyone and good luck all ***
Congratulations.. that's a fantastic score and had it been a few years ago, it would have been a comfortable score, definitely put it as your 1st choice. There was a monumental jump last year so lets hope it drops somewhat this year.
Thank so you much bluejay x
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Tinka1979 wrote:Firstly well done kiddies regardless of the number that came in the post today, you’re all superstars!

God my heart is pounding our results have just arrived! Any support would help greatly with regards to the likelihood of getting a place.. me and my son are filling in the application form today and want to put this school as a first choice last years entry was 333 were on 329??

Congratulations on the results.

The assumption is non pp for QMGS from what you say.The 333 result seems logically the final cut off from the waiting list last year.I see this cut off is confirmed by the school in their letter to you.Memory tells me the final cut off the previous year was 324.I haven't checked so it could be wrong.The year on rise in the cut off was staggering and caught everyone by surprise.So hold on tight and see what happens with the knowledge there is King Edward Handsworth with the 217 score where he should have a place.There are also possibilities at KE Aston and Bishops Vesey maybe from the waiting lists.
Last edited by quasimodo on Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Tinka1979

Post by Tinka1979 »

quasimodo wrote:

Congratulations on the results.

The assumption is non pp for QMGS from what you say.The 333 result seems logically the final cut off from the waiting list last year.Is this cut off confirmed by the school in their letter to you.Memory tells me the final cut off the previous year was 324.I haven't checked so it could be wrong.The year on rise in the cut off was staggering and caught everyone by surprise.So hold on tight and see what happens with the knowledge there is King Edward Handsworth with the 217 score where he should have a place.There area also possibilities at KE Aston and Bishops Vesey maybe from the waiting lists.
You have been so helpful thank you x
Tinka1979

Post by Tinka1979 »

Secondtimeround wrote:Thank you, that was a very early postman though! Not sure I'm ready for another result today! :shock:
I wasn’t expecting them to arrive today and wasn’t prepared at all!! So glad the results part is over now I can’t take much more! My son however hasn’t a care in the world and is fixed on Mario kart glued to the tv :lol:

Loads of luck, let us know how you get on! Whatever happens we should all be super proud of our 2018 stars ***
SheepSheep

Post by SheepSheep »

My son has achieved 343 so I’m hopeful of a place at QMGS. It all depends on what change there is in the lowest score this year. A huge relief as he didn’t make the qualifying score for any of the BHam consortium schools. Haven’t told him yet as he’s had a birthday sleepover, so waiting to get him on his own!!
Good luck everyone!!
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

SheepSheep wrote:My son has achieved 343 so I’m hopeful of a place at QMGS. It all depends on what change there is in the lowest score this year. A huge relief as he didn’t make the qualifying score for any of the BHam consortium schools. Haven’t told him yet as he’s had a birthday sleepover, so waiting to get him on his own!!
Good luck everyone!!

So pleased for your DS. That is such a difference from his Birmingham score, I think he may have gone out of sync on his answer sheet or something drastically went wrong in the 1st exam. Well Done.
Tinka1979

Post by Tinka1979 »

bluejay wrote:
SheepSheep wrote:My son has achieved 343 so I’m hopeful of a place at QMGS. It all depends on what change there is in the lowest score this year. A huge relief as he didn’t make the qualifying score for any of the BHam consortium schools. Haven’t told him yet as he’s had a birthday sleepover, so waiting to get him on his own!!
Good luck everyone!!
Well done to your boy x

So pleased for your DS. That is such a difference from his Birmingham score, I think he may have gone out of sync on his answer sheet or something drastically went wrong in the 1st exam. Well Done.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Good luck everyone!!
Well done its a great school.

It seems if I am guessing he is better at maths and non verbal reasoning ?

We and my youngest dd have to make a decision as to whether to go for the sixth form.Its local and did wonders for my eldest dd.My instincts and hers as she is so happy at WGHS despite the distance is not to move her.They know her and she knows them.It also is a great school.To make the decision even easier not that I need to go round the school is not to go for the sixth form open evenings.However all these thoughts are dependent on the results of those little GCSE's in 2020.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

We were in same boat last year with sixth form. DS at FW and wanted to stay, smashed his GCSE's so no problem.

My niece is year 11 at a local comp and wants to move and is looking at GS sixth form.

One thing I've said to my sister is to apply to the sixth form at her current school, even if they're not sure they want it.

Reason is, if they don't quite get the GCSE results they want, their current school is more likely to offer them their place as they know the child and know what they are capable of.

One of my DS friends didn't get the grades he needed to stay at FW, however he had a meeting with the school and they allowed him to stay.

So, even if it is a back up plan, make sure you apply for sixth form at current school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now