Result - Birmingham exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Zeeshan2008

Result - Birmingham exam

Post by Zeeshan2008 »

Hi

I am new here and in the 11 plus process.

My son got 250....I am hoping that he will be ok for Camphill. But I have heard some high scores. Do you think high pass mark will considerably increase last years cut off mark of 242??
I have read in 2015, the cut off mark increased by 8!

Any comment/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
helen0209

Re: Result - Birmingham exam

Post by helen0209 »

Zeeshan2008 wrote:Hi

My son got 250....I am hoping that he will be ok for Camphill. But I have heard some high scores. Do you think high pass mark will considerably increase last years cut off mark of 242??

Thanks
I think there was something around changes in PAN or PP which made the score rise, but someone who was around at the time would have a better idea.
I would be confident with 250 securing a place on offers day. Congratulations.
Rooroo

Post by Rooroo »

Congratulations to you son. I too am sure he will be absolutely fine for CHB so if it's your first choice then definitely list it as your first choice. I'd say you'd likely get good news on offers day.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Zeeshan2008 wrote:Hi

Thanks
Congratulations to your son - that's an excellent result. I am sure you can be confident with a 250 score.

All the best for 1st of March. Long and anxious wait for allocations day for us too.

All the best!
Zeeshan2008

Post by Zeeshan2008 »

Thank you all for your reply.

Well done to all the children for working so hard to achieve the score they all did.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Congrats to your son, he will be fine.

A few years ago, when the ofters were made, they always offered over PAN, knowing that a lot of the places would be declined.

However, they then decided to stop this and only offer the actual number of places available, this led to what appeared to be a large jump in the cut off scores, when in reality, once offers had been made, it was actually very similar to previous years.

Back in 2016 there was an unexpected drop for CHB and offers day was 239!

We can never tell what will happen, only sumise on the stats available, this year on offers day, CHB was 242, up from 240 the previous year.

Even taking a 2 point rise, your son will be fine and will get an offer on offers day.
Zeeshan2008

Post by Zeeshan2008 »

Thanks for explaining in details. Much appreciated.