NGHS 2018 results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hatethewaiting

Re: NGHS 2018 results

Post by Hatethewaiting »

Great to have a choice though. NGHS is realistically the only one we can apply for as we are opposite direction to all others. Just the wait until March now...
Inspector General

Post by Inspector General »

I'm delighted to say my daughter got a 'safe' score and a 'strongly encourage' letter from NGHS. :D We have also applied to WGHS.

I will be putting NGHS first on the preferences form - amongst other things its relatively small size is a big draw.
Susand

Post by Susand »

Well we had good news ‘I think’ anyway. My interpretation of the admissions policy indicates that they fill up on ‘ in catchment’ children first. My daughter has 327 and letter indicates she should be ok for a place due to her score and her being in catchment. It suggests a score of 300+ would be enough for this.

Another friend has received her daughter’s letter with a higher score of 348 but she is out of catchment. She has a letter using the wording ‘strongly recommended’ .

I think I’m right in saying that local girls 300 + get in first then the list moves on to the out of catchment girls who will get in with the highest scoring ones in first.

Can anyone confirm this is how it works please ?
Hatethewaiting

Post by Hatethewaiting »

I can't seem to find any information about cut-offs for NGHS for last year. It does say 331 was offered but doesn't say if it was in or OOA. I thought we would be okay with 334 but it seems that most others on this board are above that so I am starting to worry :?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hatethewaiting wrote:I can't seem to find any information about cut-offs for NGHS for last year. It does say 331 was offered but doesn't say if it was in or OOA. I thought we would be okay with 334 but it seems that most others on this board are above that so I am starting to worry :?

It is always very hard to get info re the cutoffs for NGHS - we get bits of info on March 1st but not much so hard to know what all the figures are.

Please everyone remember to let us know on March 1st!
PS70

Post by PS70 »

Hi to all of those in a bit of a limbo. Just a few comments which may be of help...
My friend's dd scored 329 this year. Their letter encourages them to apply to NGHS as they are in catchment. The highest was 397 the lowest was 189 on the day. Last year the last place was given to a pass mark of 303. I am not sure if this was in or out of catchment. I think in the past couple of years the pass mark has been 301 but not too sure on this.
My dd scored 321 in 2016. We are out of catchment and she got in. Hope this helps x
nervousdad1

Post by nervousdad1 »

303 was in catchment Admissions confirmed this (if you do ring don't ring on a Tuesday that is her day off)
lowest OOA was 318 last year lots of girls looking at NGHS this year my DD is 370+ but I will wait to see what March brings
Canarygirl

Post by Canarygirl »

My daughter scored 329, we are in catchment and the letter said "should" be offered a place, but many of her friends out of catchment scored much higher. Not sure what my daughter's chances are of a place. I know they say priority is given to catchment girls but I guess I will have to see what 1st March brings.
Hatethewaiting

Post by Hatethewaiting »

Canarygirl wrote:My daughter scored 329, we are in catchment and the letter said "should" be offered a place, but many of her friends out of catchment scored much higher. Not sure what my daughter's chances are of a place. I know they say priority is given to catchment girls but I guess I will have to see what 1st March brings.
Do you know many OOA and what sort of scores they are? Seems to be a lot with high score this year.
Inspector General

Post by Inspector General »

nervousdad1 wrote:303 was in catchment Admissions confirmed this (if you do ring don't ring on a Tuesday that is her day off)
lowest OOA was 318 last year lots of girls looking at NGHS this year my DD is 370+ but I will wait to see what March brings
Nervous Dad, this is interesting information. However, how do you know that 'lots of girls [are] looking at NGHS this year'? And when you say 'lots' how many roughly are you suggesting? Presumably more than last year?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now