Camp Hill Girls?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
apillow

Re: Camp Hill Girls?

Post by apillow »

My daughter is current Year 7. She loves the school and settled in really well. They have cut down the homework from this year(trial). So she doesnt feel any pressure yet. However, after meeting the teachers, I could tell how much they focus on score :)
Aflower

Post by Aflower »

apillow wrote:My daughter is current Year 7. She loves the school and settled in really well. They have cut down the homework from this year(trial). So she doesnt feel any pressure yet. However, after meeting the teachers, I could tell how much they focus on score :)
Thanks. That's interesting. May I ask some additional questions please?

What do you mean by 'score'. Also, are they put into mixed ability groups or are the classes based on ability? Do they have regular tests? Which foreign language/languages do they study in the first year? Which sports do they focus on?

Thank you.
PoppyPup

Post by PoppyPup »

Hi Aflower,

Sorry to jump in on your post but I would also be interested in feedback re CHG, especially from those who have a DD at the school.

We have already visited the school and are also due to attend in the daytime to get a better feel for the school.

In fact, we’ve been to see all the schools that are open to us to give us & our DD a feel for each school to see which she prefers.

CHG is one of those schools on our preference list.

Everyone will have different thoughts but it would be good to hear those opinions.

Well done to your DD.
Aflower

Post by Aflower »

Hi PoppyPup,

No need to apologise. Feel free to join in. The more the merrier. :D Congratulations to your daughter too. If you and your DD decide on CHG then please pm me and we can arrange for our girls to meet up before school starts if you like.

In fact this is an open invitation. If there are any parents whose DDs are considering going to CHG, please let me know if you’d like to meet up. It would be nice for the mummies to exchange views/chat and for the lil CHG to bond.
apillow

Post by apillow »

Aflower wrote:
apillow wrote:My daughter is current Year 7. She loves the school and settled in really well. They have cut down the homework from this year(trial). So she doesnt feel any pressure yet. However, after meeting the teachers, I could tell how much they focus on score :)
Thanks. That's interesting. May I ask some additional questions please?

What do you mean by 'score'. Also, are they put into mixed ability groups or are the classes based on ability? Do they have regular tests? Which foreign language/languages do they study in the first year? Which sports do they focus on?

Thank you.
Sorry, I should have said 'results' rather than scores. Yes, they do have tests or rather assessments unannounced as my daughter calls it(She only started, so must be testing the ability of kids). What I understand is they combine the 11plus results , SAT results and class assessment results and predict what GCSE score each student can achieve and work with them accordingly. Of course there mixed with different abilities, but to me all of them are very able. Hope this helps.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now