Comprehension for Cem

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Slater25

Comprehension for Cem

Post by Slater25 »

Hi I was wondering whether any could recommend any good comprehension books for CEM. My daughter is sitting the exam next year. We are going through the cgp books but could just do with focusing on comprenehension
worrybot

Re: Comprehension for Cem

Post by worrybot »

Comprehension books available on the forum shop are really good.
Thank you,

Worrybot
Slater25

Post by Slater25 »

Thanks are these the first past the post books? I have looked at these but I can’t see inside so are unsure of their difficulty level. At the moment she is only doing 9-10 verbal reasoning cgp books
worrybot

Post by worrybot »

First past the post have recently introduced mini comprehension series which have around 50 comprehensions in each book, both fiction and non fiction. The comprehension passage is about 4 paragraphs and no longer than half a page and there are 5 to 6 questions from this. I think they are called Mini Inference (cant be 100% sure). I started with these and found they were helpful to start with we are currently on book 3 and my DS is enjoying these books. Once we have finished this series we will move to longer comprehensions.
Thank you,

Worrybot
Slater25

Post by Slater25 »

Thanks have just found these it’s mini comprehensions for fact finding and infererence. Are these multiple choice though?
worrybot

Post by worrybot »

No Standard format.
Thank you,

Worrybot