WGHS Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
quasimodo

WGHS Results

Post by quasimodo »

The school will be posting results out on Friday 19th October.Good luck everyone.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Lawmonkey

Re: WGHS Results

Post by Lawmonkey »

Letter arrived today. I am sharing info so we can start building a picture, should anyone wish to.

Info: Score of 325, blue card in letter inviting DD to open event on Wednesday. The wording of the letter says ‘may be eligible for a place’.

If anyone can assist, I would be particularly interested to know if that is a standard wording for those invited to open event, or if that is a hint that this is a waiting list level score.
educationalmum

Post by educationalmum »

My daughter has 335. Applied to both WGHS and QMHS.

It says "We would encourage you to include WGHS
Lategate

Post by Lategate »

That’s a strong score, congrats!
Similar letters were sent out last year, with those who had achieved a score above the qualifying score being encouraged to attend the open event. A friend’s daughter scored just above the previous year’a cut off, and was invited to attend the open evening. She didn’t get a place on offers day, but received one soon after.
Based on previous years I think you can relax a little. As always though, no cut off is guaranteed so now would be a good time to be cautious and get your back up options sorted for the CAF.
Got everything crossed for you.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

It is my understanding that the Pupil premium cut off for Wghs has been set at 311, parents should have had letters confirming this information today.This is the first year for pp at Wghs. The pp cut off at Qmhs was set at 300 last year when pp was introduced at the school.I believe from what was said on one of the threads that it has been set at 300 again.

The cut off last year at Wghs was 317 in March and probably was lower by 2 to 3 points from the waiting list.The previous year the cut off was 314 and went to 311.The other years cut offs are available on the stickies in this area of the forum.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Spindle

Post by Spindle »

The cut off last year for WGHS was 319-caused a few grey hairs I can tell you!! It went down as far as 315 I think, but I may be wrong on that one.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Hi Spindle,

Scores in the Wolverhampton consortium are actually to two decimal points and candidates are distinguished from each other on their actual scores and allocated places on that basis.When I advise parents where they are on a waiting list I always ask them to get their actual score to two decimal places.Parents are advised of their child's score with a rounded up score.

Last years opening thread indicates 324 was offered and 318 was not.I have spent some time looking further into the entries and it states there was a 318 second on the waiting list on the 2nd March and on the 20th June 315 was offered.We have no further information over how far it fell on the waiting list.

I am meeting you half way I stand corrected the cut off was 318.

I don't believe anyone ever reported the exact cut off to two decimal places.

Abraham Lincoln
Inner Chimp

Post by Inner Chimp »

Why is their pp so high at 311 yet QM is at 300 can someone explain why there is such a difference and what it means?
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

I have been searching my previous posts and looking to see what were the previous cut offs in March of each year for WGHS. They were as follows;

1. March 2018 - 318

2. March 2017 - 317 (official)

3. March 2016 - 314

4. March 2015 - 321 (official)

5. March 2014 - 318

6. 2013 - this was under the old system when the final admitted place went down to 297.

Apologies for my confusion between the years 2017 and 2018.

I believe it was last year WGHS in the letter to parents with the result stated over the last five years the scores for the last admitted girl has varied from 297 to 316.

Abraham Lincoln
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Inner Chimp wrote:Why is their pp so high at 311 yet QM is at 300 can someone explain why there is such a difference and what it means?
The pp cut off simply means that each school will not offer a place to a pp candidate whose score does not meet that qualifying score set by the school.It means nothing more than that.The rest will be conjecture.Each school will be looking to ensure that they have sufficient candidates to take the available places on offer.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now