WGHS Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Lawmonkey

Re: WGHS Results

Post by Lawmonkey »

Lategate wrote:That’s a strong score, congrats!
Similar letters were sent out last year, with those who had achieved a score above the qualifying score being encouraged to attend the open event. A friend’s daughter scored just above the previous year’a cut off, and was invited to attend the open evening. She didn’t get a place on offers day, but received one soon after.
Based on previous years I think you can relax a little. As always though, no cut off is guaranteed so now would be a good time to be cautious and get your back up options sorted for the CAF.
Got everything crossed for you.
Thanks for posting. I may have been trying to read too much into the wording.

Looking at scores required for a Wghs place in previous years, I think we are quietly reassured, without taking it for granted.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Lawmonkey wrote:
Lategate wrote:That’s a strong score, congrats!
Similar letters were sent out last year, with those who had achieved a score above the qualifying score being encouraged to attend the open event. A friend’s daughter scored just above the previous year’a cut off, and was invited to attend the open evening. She didn’t get a place on offers day, but received one soon after.
Based on previous years I think you can relax a little. As always though, no cut off is guaranteed so now would be a good time to be cautious and get your back up options sorted for the CAF.
Got everything crossed for you.
Thanks for posting. I may have been trying to read too much into the wording.

Looking at scores required for a Wghs place in previous years, I think we are quietly reassured, without taking it for granted.
Good luck and I hope everything works out for your dd.I am intrigued by your pseudonym.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Shergar21

Re: WGHS Results/QMHS results -lowest average entry score

Post by Shergar21 »

Hi

Does anyone know if the lowest average entry score (314) includes the score for those with PP or just non PP only? As the letter from the QMHS and WGHS does not specify this.

Thank you
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Shergar21 wrote:Hi

Does anyone know if the lowest average entry score (314) includes the score for those with PP or just non PP only? As the letter from the QMHS and WGHS does not specify this.

Thank you
Please specify which school as it couldn't apply to both schools unless it was a coincidence ?
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Inner Chimp

Post by Inner Chimp »

quasimodo wrote:

Thank you
Please specify which school as it couldn't apply to both schools unless it was a coincidence ?
314 was on the QM letter as the lowest score admitted for past 2 years. I assume it’s lowest non pp?
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Inner Chimp wrote:
quasimodo wrote:

Thank you
314 was on the QM letter as the lowest score admitted for past 2 years. I assume it’s lowest non pp?
Thank you. We know from the threads for the last two years that the lowest non pp score admitted at QMHS was 314.

They have 30 extra places this year so it could be much lower.No one really knows how it will pan out but it would be worth applying with much lower scores.

Abraham Lincoln
nervousdad1

Post by nervousdad1 »

My daughter got 378 looking at both NGGS and WGHS Newport is a worry as normally only 40-50 places outside catchment area up for grabs so may have to look at WGHS
nervousdad1

Post by nervousdad1 »

370 (approx) letter for WGHS
educationalmum

Post by educationalmum »

Wow that is a really good score!!

We live between WGHS and QMHS and I work both in Wolverhampton and Walsall and will be dropping dd at school initially if we get a place; the dilemma is choosing which to put first on the CAF

Is one school better than the other? We will probably end up putting WGHS 1st as my daughter is now saying she is not keen on going to QMHS.

Are there particular reasons people are choosing between these schools other than distance?
nervousdad1

Post by nervousdad1 »

ours is down the music being taught in the school