Walsall help

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rooroo

Re: Walsall help

Post by Rooroo »

Inner Chimp wrote:317 here for Walsall the letter states 150 places last 2 years was 120 places does that mean an extra class and was pp last year or this year. Can anyone help please
Well done to your DD. No idea on the places but hopefully they've got extra places now as surley that would lower the score a little. Is it your first choice?
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Rooroo wrote:
Inner Chimp wrote:317 here for Walsall the letter states 150 places last 2 years was 120 places does that mean an extra class and was pp last year or this year. Can anyone help please
Well done to your DD. No idea on the places but hopefully they've got extra places now as surley that would lower the score a little. Is it your first choice?
This is my understanding.At QMHS there were 120 places available last year for admission in September 2018.PP was introduced last year and 30 of those girls were admitted under PP.There are 150 places available this year of which 30 will be available for pupil premium girls.There are an additional 30 places this year.I am advised by a friend that in the letter from QMHS with the score is the information that the last admitted girl for the school for the last two years was on a score of 314.I have checked the admission arrangements on the QMHS website.

I hope you are now more relaxed Inner Chimp.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Sfaisal wrote:Just got letter from QMHS. Hadn’t applied so were not expecting from QM. She scored 344 so I am hoping that it’s a good news in regards to WGHS as there is not much information on WGHS here or may be I couldn’t find it on this forum. If possible can someone help with the cut off of WGHS for the previous years. Thank you.

P.S. I think this confirms my assumption that in KE exam she took too much stress and her sleeplessness throughout the night before exam did have an impact on her performance in exam.
Regarding WGHS from the information on last years thread the cut off score last year in March was 317 and I suspect it moved to around 315 or 314.Although I have seen nothing to confirm if someone needs to speak to the school they can ask what it was to get the exact figure.The cut off in the previous year was 314 and memory tells me it went to 311.I have checked the first part from previous threads but not the last.

There are 145 places available this year the same as last year.PP is being introduced this year and there will be 20 places available to girls on PP.I do not know nor will anyone know how the introduction of PP will impact on the non PP cut off score at WGHS this year.Suffice to say that there already some girls at the school under this category who will now fall in the separate list.There are less than there are at QMHS prior to the introduction of PP.

Last year the introduction of PP had no noticeable affect on the non pp cut off score in March at QMHS.The affect was dramatic at the boys school.I think the extra places at QMHS will dampen any impact at WGHS. At those low scores where there will be large numbers of girls on each rounded up score the affect might not be noticeable considering how the cut offs have fluctuated in the last few years.

No one really knows how it will all work out.

Good luck to everyone.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Inner Chimp

Post by Inner Chimp »

quasimodo wrote:
Rooroo wrote:
This is my understanding.At QMHS there were 120 places available last year for admission in September 2018.PP was introduced last year and 30 of those girls were admitted under PP.There are 150 places available this year of which 30 will be available for pupil premium girls.There are an additional 30 places this year.I am advised by a friend that in the letter from QMHS with the score is the information that the last admitted girl for the school for the last two years was on a score of 314.I have checked the admission arrangements on the QMHS website.

I hope you are now more relaxed Inner Chimp.
Thank you quasi I am certainly more relaxed than I was last week! Most grateful for the clarification as always. You have helped a lot of people with your knowledge I am sure.
Inner Chimp

Post by Inner Chimp »

Rooroo wrote:
It is indeed travel is too much I think for Wolverhampton and thank you I’m slightly more relieved now
Inner Chimp

Post by Inner Chimp »

quasimodo wrote:
Sfaisal wrote:Just got letter from QMHS. Hadn’t applied so were not expecting from QM. She scored 344 so I am hoping that it’s a good news in regards to WGHS as there is not much information on WGHS here or may be I couldn’t find it on this forum. If possible can someone help with the cut off of WGHS for the previous years. Thank you.

P.S. I think this confirms my assumption that in KE exam she took too much stress and her sleeplessness throughout the night before exam did have an impact on her performance in exam.
Regarding WGHS from the information on last years thread the cut off score last year in March was 317 and I suspect it moved to around 315 or 314.Although I have seen nothing to confirm if someone needs to speak to the school they can ask what it was to get the exact figure.The cut off in the previous year was 314 and memory tells me it went to 311.I have checked the first part from previous threads but not the last.

There are 145 places available this year the same as last year.PP is being introduced this year and there will be 20 places available to girls on PP.I do not know nor will anyone know how the introduction of PP will impact on the non PP cut off score at WGHS this year.Suffice to say that there already some girls at the school under this category who will now fall in the separate list.There are less than there are at QMHS prior to the introduction of PP.

Last year the introduction of PP had no noticeable affect on the non pp cut off score in March at QMHS.The affect was dramatic at the boys school.I think the extra places at QMHS will dampen any impact at WGHS. At those low scores where there will be large numbers of girls on each rounded up score the affect might not be noticeable considering how the cut offs have fluctuated in the last few years.

No one really knows how it will all work out.

Good luck to everyone.
Most informative thank you so much
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now