WGHS Results 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
quasimodo

WGHS Results 2018

Post by quasimodo »

Good luck to those who are waiting for their results and who haven't had them from other girls schools in the consortium.

We will also get to hear publicly what the PP minimum cut of score that has been set for admissions to the school until they complete the 20 places available.The school had an extensive outreach programme going out to a number of primary schools in Wolverhampton,holding sessions in the school and also inviting children to attend for maths days at the school.This will have had an impact in the numbers of local girls taking the exam.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Inner Chimp

Re: WGHS Results 2018

Post by Inner Chimp »

quasimodo wrote:Good luck to those who are waiting for their results and who haven't had them from other girls schools in the consortium.

We will also get to hear publicly what the PP minimum cut of score that has been set for admissions to the school until they complete the 20 places available.The school had an extensive outreach programme going out to a number of primary schools in Wolverhampton,holding sessions in the school and also inviting children to attend for maths days at the school.This will have had an impact in the numbers of local girls taking the exam.
Quasi is the outreach program new for them this year or is it something they have been doing for few years? Also do you think this year their cut off will jump up at all? I know their is always a risk but I’m wondering if that would affect QMHS cut off? Sorry if I am not making sense
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Inner Chimp wrote:
quasimodo wrote:Good luck to those who are waiting for their results and who haven't had them from other girls schools in the consortium.

Quasi is the outreach program new for them this year or is it something they have been doing for few years? Also do you think this year their cut off will jump up at all? I know their is always a risk but I’m wondering if that would affect QMHS cut off? Sorry if I am not making sense
The outreach programme if I am not mistaken began last year it could have been the year before that.It was not as extensive.I don't believe the pp cut offs at QMHS and WGHS are related.I understand from whats been said on one of the threads the pp cut off at QMHS is 300 this year.The figure at WGHS is higher.Firstly because they have less places,secondly because of their extensive out reach work and because of the greater demand.The latter is due to things like it being the West Midlands State Secondary school of the year in the Sunday Times league tables of this year.If parents were going to miss it there is a huge banner to that effect outside the pedestrian gates to the school.The geography department have just been awarded a centre of excellence by the geography association.It was always one of the countries leading schools for the teaching of Russian and Japanese when I checked the position around 2013 this will not have changed.

All things being equal and these are not predictions but just guesses as the supply of non pp places is lower by 20 at WGHS the pressure is upwards.At QMHS as they have 30 extra places for non pp girls so their supply is greater and all things being equal the pressure is downwards.

These are all guesses as there will be huge numbers of girls on each score and in increasing numbers the closer the score gets to 300 so in the realm of things we might not notice the pp impact.If there is any dramatic increase in non pp cut off it will be at WGHS and not QMHS.But no one knows what will happen.

I wouldn't worry your dd will be fine as she has a supportive mother looking out for whatever is her destiny.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Inner Chimp

Post by Inner Chimp »

quasimodo wrote:
Inner Chimp wrote:

The outreach programme if I am not mistaken began last year it could have been the year before that.It was not as extensive.I don't believe the pp cut offs at QMHS and WGHS are related.I understand from whats been said on one of the threads the pp cut off at QMHS is 300 this year.The figure at WGHS is higher.Firstly because they have less places,secondly because of their extensive out reach work and because of the greater demand.The latter is due to things like it being the West Midlands State Secondary school of the year in the Sunday Times league tables of this year.If parents were going to miss it there is a huge banner to that effect outside the pedestrian gates to the school.The geography department have just been awarded a centre of excellence by the geography association.It was always one of the countries leading schools for the teaching of Russian and Japanese when I checked the position around 2013 this will not have changed.

All things being equal and these are not predictions but just guesses as the supply of non pp places is lower by 20 at WGHS the pressure is upwards.At QMHS as they have 30 extra places for non pp girls so their supply is greater and all things being equal the pressure is downwards.

These are all guesses as there will be huge numbers of girls on each score and in increasing numbers the closer the score gets to 300 so in the realm of things we might not notice the pp impact.If there is any dramatic increase in non pp cut off it will be at WGHS and not QMHS.But no one knows what will happen.

I wouldn't worry your dd will be fine as she has a supportive mother looking out for whatever is her destiny.
Thank you for taking the time to write this and to alleviate my fears and of others I’m sure! Very grateful