results day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mm2

results day

Post by mm2 »

Hi All

Hope you are all bearing up well.

Have just been wondering about the day of the results and that dreaded envelope. For those in the know , based on previous years, any clues as to the size, thickness of envelope?

We are waiting for results of KEGs exams.

Any comments would be appreciated.

mm2
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

Hi, KES offer comes in thickish A5 white envelope - several pieces of paper to sign and return. For the grammar schools you get the slip from the LEA telling you what school he's allocated to, no results or anything. Successful children will also get a letter from KEGS Head and separate one to parents - that just comes in an ordinary thin white envelope, I think. But if you get a letter from one of the grammar schools you will know he was successful as they don't write to anyone else - they try to get the letters to arrive on results day - 3rd March this year. Hope this helps.
mm2

Post by mm2 »

KES Parent

thank you for your never ending advise. It is much appreciated.

mm2
KenR

Post by KenR »

Small clarification, if you happen to live out of Birmingham in Worcs then you don't get the letter till at least a day later as they send it out 2nd class post!

However, if you did your admission registration online then you get an email on the same day!

It is also correct that you normally get 2 extra letters if successful for one of the KEGS schools - 1 for the parents and 1 for the child.
abcdef

Post by abcdef »

Hi all

Last year we received the letters on the 2nd March. The letter from Birmingham Council was in a normal white envelope with postmark 'Children's Services' and dated 1st March. This was addressed to 'Parent/Carer of ...'. We also received a letter addressed to the parents from the KE Grammar school that my son was fortunate to have got into. This also has a printed postmark with the school's name on.

In my nervousness to arrive home and open the envelope, I didn't even realise we had a letter from the school until I had calmed down (quite a while later!)

This year I believe that the letter or letters will be sent out on Monday 3rd March and so we should receive them on Tues 4th March. Those who have applied online, like myself, should receive an e-mail at midnight between the 3rd and the 4th. As an aside, I think a Monday is a really bad day to send the letters out on. As the 2nd March was a Friday last year, and many of the children had not received their post until after they had gone to school, at least they had the weekend to get used to their results. It's great for the children who have got to where they want to go, but very tough for those who will be disappointed.
fm

Post by fm »

I couldn't agree more. It is much better to have the results just before the weekend. I always tell my pupils that, if they are successful, spare a thought for the ones who aren't. Unfortunately parents aren't always that considerate!
goumom

Post by goumom »

hi, thanks for yr help.
waiting for the results but can't stand the pressure.
hoping with fingers crossed. :roll:
HodgeHillDad

Post by HodgeHillDad »

Hi All

Does anyone know if Handsworth Boys or Bishop Vesey schools also send out letters to Parents and Children?
kegs dad 2

Post by kegs dad 2 »

Hodge Hill Dad,

When DS sat Bishop Vesey, some 4 years ago, we received no communication from them after the event as, luckily, DS was fortunate enough to be offered his number one choice!
Unsure as to whether this is still the same now.
Sorry, have no knowledge of Handsworth, DS did not take, perhaps someone else can help?

Good Luck to all!

kegs mom 2
lottie

Post by lottie »

Hi

A question for KenR - if he is about! Or anyone else who may know....

We have applied on-line with Worc - do we get an email bang on 12am Sunday night (Monday morning)? Or is the email sent in the day time of Mon3rd (presumably in the school admissions office hours)?

Our D has been told that we should have it bang on 12am Monday morning, and is determined to stay up and wait! Unless I tape her eyelids shut, this is what she will do!

As she has a 50/50 chance of being offered a place - if it isn't good news I don't want her going to school Tired as well as Upset!

Thanks in Advance for any response you can offer.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now