Late application query

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Wildfuture

Re: Late application query

Post by Wildfuture »

My understanding of this post (correct me if I'm wrong), the OP is reluctant to put schools in Birmingham on the CAF as not 100% moving. It's therefore sensible to list local schools.

The test has been sat, so any reference to late applications on the grammar school site is irrelevant, that wording is for 'late tests'.

If you do move, then you put a late preference application for Sutton or wherever, and you'll be added to the waiting list according to the test score. A late preference due to a house move or any reason cannot be refused.
SundayGirl

Post by SundayGirl »

Thank you Wildfuture, yes that is the dilemma in a nutshell. Do you know if the late preference application (having sat the test) goes to the school or BCC? I'm a bit concerned that they have given me conflicting information.

I will contact FO and BCC next week just for peace of mind.

Many thanks
Wildfuture

Post by Wildfuture »

It's nothing to do with the FO if it's Sutton you want. Once you move, contact Birmingham Council. You make the application to them not the school, providing you have moved before Sept.
Rooroo

Post by Rooroo »

SundayGirl wrote:Thank you Wildfuture, yes that is the dilemma in a nutshell. Do you know if the late preference application (having sat the test) goes to the school or BCC? I'm a bit concerned that they have given me conflicting information.

I will contact FO and BCC next week just for peace of mind.

Many thanks
Ah I see. Best of luck with your move. Perhaps get confirmation of anything said via email too.
SundayGirl

Post by SundayGirl »

Many thanks everyone. The support on this forum is amazing, especially at such a stressful time.