Birmingham grammar priority areas

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mitasol

Re: Birmingham grammar priority areas

Post by mitasol »

I’ve heard a few mutterings that Birmingham are going to be considering catchments/priority areas. Has anyone else? Presumably, if this were ever to happen, there would need to be some sort of consultation process?
Changes in policy require a consultation and these run for six weeks between October - January. If I am not mistaken that means consultations for any changes to policy for 2020 should be under way now or in the near future.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 19_Dec.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nereida

Post by Nereida »

Wildfuture wrote:Amazes me how people take the time to register on a forum and post questions, to receive advice from good intentioned people who may or may not get it right.

If you are unsure of a school's admission policy, visit their website. Would you not look into this before sharing results?
Well, of course, I've checked Birm grammar schools' website which is presumably the main starting point for these sort of applications. It says "you do not need to live in Birmingham in order to apply to these schools". That's it. It doesn't mention whether you'd get a place though, or what your priority would be, would you be any higher or lower than anyone with a qualifying score who lives nearby. No phone number to call for advice. Since we are looking for a house at the moment, any priority area (if they exist) would affect our decision where to buy. That's why I just wanted to check with people who might know these policies better than me. Hope I have not offended you with my quesiton?
apillow

Post by apillow »

Nereida wrote:
Wildfuture wrote:Amazes me how people take the time to register on a forum and post questions, to receive advice from good intentioned people who may or may not get it right.

If you are unsure of a school's admission policy, visit their website. Would you not look into this before sharing results?
Well, of course, I've checked Birm grammar schools' website which is presumably the main starting point for these sort of applications. It says "you do not need to live in Birmingham in order to apply to these schools". That's it. It doesn't mention whether you'd get a place though, or what your priority would be, would you be any higher or lower than anyone with a qualifying score who lives nearby. No phone number to call for advice. Since we are looking for a house at the moment, any priority area (if they exist) would affect our decision where to buy. That's why I just wanted to check with people who might know these policies better than me. Hope I have not offended you with my quesiton?
see the proposed catchment for camphill Boys

http://www.camphillboys.bham.sch.uk/wp- ... HB-map.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Think other KE Schools have similar in their site