Newport Girls catchment area scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nervousdad1

Newport Girls catchment area scores

Post by nervousdad1 »

Hi
Anyone know what the highest and lowest scores are for Newport girls from with in the catchment area?. We are outside and as its weighted towards the catchment area first it may be a risk putting this on the CAF as they have no cut off for local girls if they attain the qualifying score. Bit of a risk!!!

thanks
Poker Face

Re: Newport Girls catchment area scores

Post by Poker Face »

Re Newport and Adams'. On the Telford and Wrekin Secondry school admissions info ( on website) you can see the number of available places for each school, how many people put down the schools as preference on their CAF, then how many places were allocated to In Area children.

Newport girls for Sept 2018 Intake - 84 available places, 236 total on time preferences received, 34 in catchment places allocated,

Haberdasher' Adams for Sept 2018 intake - 105 available places, 248 total on time preferences received, 34 in catchment places allocated. ( This is for day pupils) There are 15 places available for the boarders.
nervousdad1

Post by nervousdad1 »

that's great hopefully my daughters 370+ will be enough
Inspector General

Post by Inspector General »

I think you will find that your daughter's score of 370+ will be enough! Certainly no need to be nervous ... !
sagarkatole

Post by sagarkatole »

Please Help!
We are not into Newport catchment area and my daughter unfortunately got 308 score. Not sure what preference should I give. Keen on grammar school but giving first preference should not miss the opportunity to other schools.

My initial preference was:
Newport Girls high school
Wolverhampton girls high school
Idsall shifnal high school / Madeley Academy

Do you think she will get into Newport girls? Please suggest!
nervousdad1

Post by nervousdad1 »

last OOA place last year was 318 I believe so may be a risk for Newport its a horrible time
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

sagarkatole wrote:Please Help!
We are not into Newport catchment area and my daughter unfortunately got 308 score. Not sure what preference should I give. Keen on grammar school but giving first preference should not miss the opportunity to other schools.

My initial preference was:
Newport Girls high school
Wolverhampton girls high school
Idsall shifnal high school / Madeley Academy

Do you think she will get into Newport girls? Please suggest!
The equal preference system run by LEAs means that they will offer you the school you have listed highest, for which you meet the criteria. If you do not meet the entry requirements for Newport, they will look at Wolverhampton as if it was your first choice school and see if you meet the criteria for that. If you meet the criteria for Wolverhampton, you will go on the waiting list for Newport (you may need to check with your council if you have to apply togo on the wait list or they do it automatically - most LAs do it automatically for any higher listed schools thatr you do not meet the criteria for.)
nervousdad1

Post by nervousdad1 »

https://www.nghs.org.uk/assets/Managed/ ... y-2019.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so between 1/3 and 1/4 offered to in area girls
Hatethewaiting

Post by Hatethewaiting »

We are out of catchment. My daughter scored 334 in the test. She has some friends who are now year 7 and both OOA. They scored 333 and 327 and both got offered places on offers day in March.
nervousdad1

Post by nervousdad1 »

Hatethewaiting wrote:We are out of catchment. My daughter scored 334 in the test. She has some friends who are now year 7 and both OOA. They scored 333 and 327 and both got offered places on offers day in March.
happy days can I ask where you will be travelling in from (looking to get some car sharing together) from Wolverhampton
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now