KEHS offers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
crazycrofter

Re: KEHS offers

Post by crazycrofter »

Well done to your daughter Raych, that’s lovely news for her :)
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

I’m completely new to posting but could do with some information if possible. We had a letter on Friday stating daughter is on the waiting list for KEHS. I did call the school office but there seemed a great reluctance to indicate much about the waiting list and any information as to where my daughter sat.
I’d be interested in others’ experience of this position in years gone by? Also does anyone know how many final places were offered last intake?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Blackberry wrote:I’m completely new to posting but could do with some information if possible. We had a letter on Friday stating daughter is on the waiting list for KEHS. I did call the school office but there seemed a great reluctance to indicate much about the waiting list and any information as to where my daughter sat.
I’d be interested in others’ experience of this position in years gone by? Also does anyone know how many final places were offered last intake?
I don't know of any figures but suspect there is a good chance of a place as many of the girls offered places will also have been offered places at GS and may well take those
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Raych wrote:Just received letter daughter has received assisted place at KEHS she scored badly in 11plus but found independent exams alit easier so please for her and congratulations to everyone else
Congratulations to your daughter Raych, fantastic news. Well done to her. :)
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

Thanks Hermanmunster. Anyone any direct experience of the waiting list?
Outnumbered3

Post by Outnumbered3 »

Blackberry wrote:Thanks Hermanmunster. Anyone any direct experience of the waiting list?
Can’t help really except to offer moral support! We’re in the same position. What is the deadline given to those offered a place to accept or decline? I guess some ppl wil give up places immediately (prefer grammar or not offered wishes for assisted place) others will be deciding and so we could be waiting into Feb.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Looking at some of the older posts, they ask for a deposit (used to £400) to confirm the place fairly soon after offering it and then they require confirmation at the beginning of the summer term after which people are eligible for a terms fees.

Perhaps someone who has a recent offer could clarify what the timescale is now?
KatyLees

Post by KatyLees »

I know of someone who applied for assistance but did not get it. Their letter seemed a bit odd - apparently along the lines of 'You could have a place if you can prove you can afford it. Contact us if you wish to discuss.' Seems a bit odd to me - but always dubious of talk on the playground. If this is true, I guess a few people will decline on financial grounds.....
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

KatyLees wrote:I know of someone who applied for assistance but did not get it. Their letter seemed a bit odd - apparently along the lines of 'You could have a place if you can prove you can afford it. Contact us if you wish to discuss.' Seems a bit odd to me - but always dubious of talk on the playground. If this is true, I guess a few people will decline on financial grounds.....
That does happen - they are concerned that some people may accept places that they can't afford (maybe in the hope that they will get help at a later stage) - I think the bursar sees people to talk through the costs etc

some comments here : https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... ar#p603466" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

Thanks outnumbered. Good to take some comfort in others in same position, good to talk. I think it would be interesting to know how many offers have been made in general as I am sure they will over offer.
I think it would be good to understand the deadlines for the offers...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now