KEHS offers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KatyLees

Re: KEHS offers

Post by KatyLees »

Sorry to appear naive but do the schools really over-offer??
MSD

Post by MSD »

KatyLees wrote:Sorry to appear naive but do the schools really over-offer??
Not sure about KEHS but I have read another poster mention that KES were taken by surprise by the number of acceptances they had few years back, and ended up with a six form intake rather than the usual five. So, they must do unless the policy has changed.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

KatyLees wrote:Sorry to appear naive but do the schools really over-offer??
Most independent schools do - children can only go to one school but most apply to more than one (either a mixture of state eg grammar schools and independent or several independents). Schools generally are quite good at knowing how many offers to make that allows for some of those being offered not taking up the places.
KatyLees

Post by KatyLees »

Oh. Thanks for your replies on this. That doesn't give much hope to those on the waiting list!
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

On the flip side careful calculation must go into the over offering process.
MSD

Post by MSD »

I wouldn't lose hope just yet. I would assume they will always be sensible with over-offers and rather pick from the waiting list, so they don't end up with extra candidates on their books. And, you may also find, if you are 10th on the waiting list, for instance, the first 9 may no longer be interested and you pretty much end up right at the top.

All the best!
KenR

Post by KenR »

They do sometimes lose girls to higher scholarship offers from other Independent Schools - I know of one girl who was offered a full fee place some years ago but who was then offered a 100% music scholarship at Edgbaston High School for girls.
MSD

Post by MSD »

This year there is also a bit of uncertainty around grammars in relation to the proposed admissions consultation. So, parents may hold on to KES/KEHS places a little longer, until there is some news.
adhdad

Post by adhdad »

Info purposes :

Letter from KEHS recieved a few days back.

Assissted Place - not offered.

Worried family finances will be placed under significant strain.

However, if you have family or siblings etc to help or feel you can pay fees, contacy bursary to arrange an interview after 7 January but before 4 March.

If you can satisfy us that you can pay fees for 5 years we will make you a full fee place.

Hope this helps people looking for information.
SouthBrumMum

Post by SouthBrumMum »

Yeah - I got one of those letters too. TBH I thought it was pretty patronising. We had thought out the fee implications before DD sat the exam!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now