KEHS offers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

smile123

KEHS offers

Post by smile123 »

Hello. Does anyone know if any DD have been invited for scholarship or assisted place interviews. I’m not sure if it’s same as KES or whether they just send offers in December?
halsea

Re: KEHS offers

Post by halsea »

On other posts I think 2 people have already been called.
N4D5

Post by N4D5 »

Hopefully this will help others,

I got a call a couple of week ago to come in for an interview as i had selected assisted place on the form. The meeting was with finance manger and was basically to discuss my form and to confirm if everything on the form was correct.

On the call and email confirmation was advised that i did not need to bring my DD in with me. When i arrived on the day there was a few parents with their DD's. (got me thinking)

When speaking to finance manager, she confirmed those with their children had potentially been offered scholarships and they were interviewing the kids, and we advised you not to bring your DD as this is for assisted place. (so I'm guessing if you have been invited without kids then it would be for assisted) The letter i got on the day suggests that DD done really well and has been considered for assisted place, however nothing is confirmed as they will look at all assisted places then decide at the end, role on December.

The meeting lasted no longer then ten mins and is nothing to worry about.

Now its a case of deciding on Handsworth Grammer (if they accept our first choice) or KEHS (if offered place)

Would love to hear from others in this situational.

Thanks
KenR

Post by KenR »

Historically KEHS have always been quite different to KES regarding interviews. KES have always liked to interview a high percentage of candidates whilst KEHS only interview a few potential scholarship candidates. The vast majority of KEHS offers are made without interviews.

Also KEHS scholarship funds are far lower than KES, plus the fact that both KEHS/KES decided a few years ago to divert some scholarship funds to assisted places funds.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

KenR wrote:Historically KEHS have always been quite different to KES regarding interviews. KES have always liked to interview a high percentage of candidates whilst KEHS only interview a few potential scholarship candidates. The vast majority of KEHS offers are made without interviews.

Also KEHS scholarship funds are far lower than KES, plus the fact that both KEHS/KES decided a few years ago to divert some scholarship funds to assisted places funds.
Thank you KenR, that is very reassuring words to someone new.
MSD

Post by MSD »

I understand last year there was a gap of two weeks between some boys called for scholarship. So, no news might not be the bad news, just yet.

Ken, I am sure you are right about scholarship interview trend between KES and KEHS. The tutor we used previously for our boys, had 4 girls, out of the 6 she had, called for scholarship but only one boy so far this year- that may simply be down to the quality of cohort she had. I may be wrong, but I think they invite 'scholarship only' boys at the beginning and then 'scholarship/bursary' after a gap.
KatyLees

Post by KatyLees »

Does anyone know what date KEHS post out results?
halsea

Post by halsea »

1st of Dec is stuck in my mind?
LolaD

Post by LolaD »

smile123 wrote:Hello. Does anyone know if any DD have been invited for scholarship or assisted place interviews. I’m not sure if it’s same as KES or whether they just send offers in December?
Unless KEHS have made changes, I am aware they only invite scholarship candidates for interviews. Successful AP candidates get their offers without being interviewed. The AP parents finances are screened.

I understand KES interview both scholarship and Assisted place candidates.
N4D5

Post by N4D5 »

Hi guys,

Just thought id update for those still waiting.

Further to my post above.

Look like letters are going out before December, We got a letter in the the post this morning and our DD has been offered an assisted place at KEHS.

Now its over to her to decide if she wants to go KE Handsworth or KEHS. Will let her decide.

Thanks
Nad
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now