Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:36 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: KEHS offers
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:10 am
Posts: 424
Well done to your daughter Raych, that’s lovely news for her :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KEHS offers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:56 am
Posts: 13
I’m completely new to posting but could do with some information if possible. We had a letter on Friday stating daughter is on the waiting list for KEHS. I did call the school office but there seemed a great reluctance to indicate much about the waiting list and any information as to where my daughter sat.
I’d be interested in others’ experience of this position in years gone by? Also does anyone know how many final places were offered last intake?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KEHS offers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 am
Posts: 9275
Blackberry wrote:
I’m completely new to posting but could do with some information if possible. We had a letter on Friday stating daughter is on the waiting list for KEHS. I did call the school office but there seemed a great reluctance to indicate much about the waiting list and any information as to where my daughter sat.
I’d be interested in others’ experience of this position in years gone by? Also does anyone know how many final places were offered last intake?


I don't know of any figures but suspect there is a good chance of a place as many of the girls offered places will also have been offered places at GS and may well take those


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KEHS offers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:25 pm
Posts: 236
Raych wrote:
Just received letter daughter has received assisted place at KEHS she scored badly in 11plus but found independent exams alit easier so please for her and congratulations to everyone else


Congratulations to your daughter Raych, fantastic news. Well done to her. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KEHS offers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:56 am
Posts: 13
Thanks Hermanmunster. Anyone any direct experience of the waiting list?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KEHS offers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:36 pm
Posts: 6
Blackberry wrote:
Thanks Hermanmunster. Anyone any direct experience of the waiting list?

Can’t help really except to offer moral support! We’re in the same position. What is the deadline given to those offered a place to accept or decline? I guess some ppl wil give up places immediately (prefer grammar or not offered wishes for assisted place) others will be deciding and so we could be waiting into Feb.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KEHS offers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 am
Posts: 9275
Looking at some of the older posts, they ask for a deposit (used to £400) to confirm the place fairly soon after offering it and then they require confirmation at the beginning of the summer term after which people are eligible for a terms fees.

Perhaps someone who has a recent offer could clarify what the timescale is now?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KEHS offers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:40 am
Posts: 9
I know of someone who applied for assistance but did not get it. Their letter seemed a bit odd - apparently along the lines of 'You could have a place if you can prove you can afford it. Contact us if you wish to discuss.' Seems a bit odd to me - but always dubious of talk on the playground. If this is true, I guess a few people will decline on financial grounds.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KEHS offers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 am
Posts: 9275
KatyLees wrote:
I know of someone who applied for assistance but did not get it. Their letter seemed a bit odd - apparently along the lines of 'You could have a place if you can prove you can afford it. Contact us if you wish to discuss.' Seems a bit odd to me - but always dubious of talk on the playground. If this is true, I guess a few people will decline on financial grounds.....


That does happen - they are concerned that some people may accept places that they can't afford (maybe in the hope that they will get help at a later stage) - I think the bursar sees people to talk through the costs etc

some comments here : viewtopic.php?f=11&t=48587&p=603466&hilit=kehs+bursar#p603466


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KEHS offers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:56 am
Posts: 13
Thanks outnumbered. Good to take some comfort in others in same position, good to talk. I think it would be interesting to know how many offers have been made in general as I am sure they will over offer.
I think it would be good to understand the deadlines for the offers...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2019