Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:20 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Raw Score
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:55 am
Posts: 21
Hi all,

Just wanted to share this.

a) Breakdown of raw score for each subject area

Verbal reasoning = 49

Non-verbal reasoning = 36

Mathematics = 32


b) Maximum available raw score for each subject area

Section 43(2) of the Freedom of Information Act exempts disclosure. This would reveal valuable information about the test’s structure and undermine its integrity.


c) Average cohort raw score for each subject area

Section 43(2) of the Freedom of Information Act exempts disclosure. This would reveal valuable information about the test’s structure and undermine its integrity.


d) SD score for each subject area

Verbal reasoning = 111.36

Non-verbal reasoning = 111.24

Mathematics = 115.87


e) Total SD score

We are only provided with the final age standardised score – see (f) below.


f) Final weighted age standardised SD score

225


g) Rank order, if available

This information is not held. We do not create or provide rankings.


h) Total cohort size taking the test

5960 candidates sat the entrance test in Birmingham in 2018 for entry to school in September 2019. The entrance test is shared with Warwickshire County Council. This figure does not include candidates who sat the test in Warwickshire - we do not hold this information.

My DD took exam this year and she is Sept.born


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Raw Score
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:25 pm
Posts: 126
Thank you Mumfaa for sharing that information. I thought they stopped providing raw scores, how did you obtain it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Raw Score
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:55 am
Posts: 21
Skylark wrote:
Thank you Mumfaa for sharing that information. I thought they stopped providing raw scores, how did you obtain it?


I just wrote the email according to the template given on forum and they provided me with the answer. But they didn't tell the highest score so there is nothing much to compare though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Raw Score
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:08 pm
Posts: 1605
Great Mumfaa!

Could you please post these results on original template thread too. We already have some results there


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Raw Score
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:08 pm
Posts: 1605
The issue with the info provided is that you can’t make any useful predictions, unless the total raw available for each area was also given and average raw for all cohort. The only thing that can possibly be done is to compare number of questions and marks with previous years, but that necessarily won’t be the same either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Raw Score
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:55 am
Posts: 21
) Breakdown of raw score for each subject area

Verbal reasoning = 48

Non-verbal reasoning = 32

Mathematics = 30


b) Maximum available raw score for each subject area

Section 43(2) of the Freedom of Information Act exempts disclosure. This would reveal valuable information about the test’s structure and undermine its integrity.


c) Average cohort raw score for each subject area

Section 43(2) of the Freedom of Information Act exempts disclosure. This would reveal valuable information about the test’s structure and undermine its integrity.


d) SD score for each subject area

Verbal reasoning = 110.32

Non-verbal reasoning = 104.75

Mathematics = 112.92


e) Total SD score

We are only provided with the final age standardised score – see (f) below.


f) Final weighted age standardised SD score

219


g) Rank order, if available

This information is not held. We do not create or provide rankings.


h) Total cohort size taking the test

5960 candidates sat the entrance test in Birmingham in 2018 for entry to school in September 2019. The entrance test is shared with Warwickshire County Council. This figure does not include candidates who sat the test in Warwickshire - we do not hold this information.

Thats the raw score for my other daughter. My daughters r twins.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Raw Score
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:09 am
Posts: 7
MSD wrote:
Great Mumfaa!

Could you please post these results on original template thread too. We already have some results there





Which thread is this? Is there a link?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Raw Score
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:25 pm
Posts: 126
Mumfaa wrote:
Skylark wrote:
Thank you Mumfaa for sharing that information. I thought they stopped providing raw scores, how did you obtain it?


I just wrote the email according to the template given on forum and they provided me with the answer. But they didn't tell the highest score so there is nothing much to compare though.


It would of been better, if this information was provided in the results letter. It's a shame that the parent have to request this. At least they provided some info, I suppose there is a positive in that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Raw Score
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:25 pm
Posts: 126
MSD wrote:
The issue with the info provided is that you can’t make any useful predictions, unless the total raw available for each area was also given and average raw for all cohort. The only thing that can possibly be done is to compare number of questions and marks with previous years, but that necessarily won’t be the same either.


It seems they excluded the most useful information. Not sure how it could undermine the integrity of their testing, if this information was given to the parent. There should be more transparency provided. That way they can be held accountable, if there is an error of any kind.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Raw Score
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:55 am
Posts: 21
Skylark wrote:
MSD wrote:
The issue with the info provided is that you can’t make any useful predictions, unless the total raw available for each area was also given and average raw for all cohort. The only thing that can possibly be done is to compare number of questions and marks with previous years, but that necessarily won’t be the same either.


It seems they excluded the most useful information. Not sure how it could undermine the integrity of their testing, if this information was given to the parent. There should be more transparency provided. That way they can be held accountable, if there is an error of any kind.


Totally Agree !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: crazycrofter and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2018