2019 Offers Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mitasol

Re: 2019 Offers Day

Post by mitasol »

If your LA is Birmingham
https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/info/2011 ... _7_place/4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Waiting lists
Your child’s name will be automatically added to the waiting list for any higher preference schools than the one offered (unless your child did not achieve a high enough score in the grammar school selection test).

Being on a waiting list does not mean that a place will become available.

More information about waiting lists will be available after National Offer Day
The offer letter will explain how to accept or refuse the offer that has been made. If your child has been offered a place at a secondary school in Birmingham, you should return the acceptance slip to the school. If your child has been offered a place at a school outside Birmingham, you should return the acceptance slip to School Admissions. The deadline for acceptances is 15 March 2019.
If your are based in another LA then you need to check and follow their protocols.
Polly11

Post by Polly11 »

Hi All,

I'm after some advice please. We have been offered Handsworth Girls (7.2miles) our 3rd choice, Our second choice was Sutton (8.1miles) DD scored 232, so I would of presumed score was high enough for our second choice.

Could this be an admissions error or down to Handsworth being a tad closer?

Thank you
MathsMonster

Post by MathsMonster »

Polly11 wrote:Hi All,

I'm after some advice please. We have been offered Handsworth Girls (7.2miles) our 3rd choice, Our second choice was Sutton (8.1miles) DD scored 232, so I would of presumed score was high enough for our second choice.

Thank you
I would phone them sounds like an error.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

amelia765 wrote:I did submit an application - but unfortunately the authority said he wasn't registered and quoted I must have not pressed submit???? Wish it was 3 years ago my daughter got her pick of grammar schools! Or even a year ago and would have definitely prepared him more as he only had 6 tutor sessions!
There are two possibilities here. One is that you did submit the application and there's been an admin error at their end which hopefully they will be able to rectify - you need to check for any evidence that you did properly submit the application such as an email confirmation.

The second possibility is that (eek) you didn't submit the application properly. If this is the case, you can still apply now and put yourself on the waiting list for that school - if you are well within the admissions criteria you will be high on the waiting list and may still get a place.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

MathsMonster wrote:Does anyone know how to accept the offer? Can it be done online?

Just received the admissions letter from BCC. There is a slip you detach and return to the school you were offered. They also advice to call and accept. I couldn't see anywhere to accept on the Birmingham portal.
Polly11

Post by Polly11 »

MathsMonster wrote:
Polly11 wrote:Hi All,

Thank you
I would phone them sounds like an error.
Thanks, it doesn't show us on the waiting list either, and I thought that automatically happened with your higher choices. I will give them a call
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

amelia765 wrote:Hi

Help!!! Any suggestions?

Live in Four Oaks and have always been in the catchment area for Arthur Terry - but have not been offered a place. Son got 327 for QMGS - so not offered also.

Been offered Great Barr - which is not an option!

HELP
Arthur Terry catchment is very small and not all parts of Four Oaks are in catchment.
Agree that you need to find out where you are and look at other local options - such as Plantsbrook, Streetly and King Edwards Lichfield, depending on which part of Four Oaks you are in.
Some children who do not make the AT cut off do go to KE Luchfield comp. There is a school bus that goes via Four Oaks.
DM me if you need more details on options.
sxa350

Post by sxa350 »

I think you can accept a place and then go on the waiting list for another school. We did this a few years ago. Accepted QMGS and waited for BV. I think each school knows where you are on the waiting list.
MathsMonster

Post by MathsMonster »

Skylark wrote:
MathsMonster wrote:Does anyone know how to accept the offer? Can it be done online?

Just received the admissions letter from BCC. There is a slip you detach and return to the school you were offered. They also advice to call and accept. I couldn't see anywhere to accept on the Birmingham portal.
Ah that explains why I can’t find it :lol: thank you :)
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Skylark wrote:
bluejay wrote:234 score.
We have been offered BV (3rd choice)
KEFW was NOT offered

332 score for QMGS
Queen Marys boys NOT offered either.
Bluejay, sorry you did not get your first 2 choices. BV is a great school nevertheless. Congratulations to your son and well done to him!
Thank you - yes BV is a great school too and I am extremely grateful that he has secured a place.

Will have to sit down and make a decision now about KES as they want a decision by 15th March with a £400 non-refundable deposit.

I don't think we will know about WL positions until after that date.

He is 3 points away for KEFW so unsure if that is a possibility. (Nothing is certain as this years cut offs are really shocking)

Does anyone know the cut off score for QM boys school?