Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Offers Day
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 3:25 pm
Posts: 236
Ricky74 wrote:
We had a right faf our year. One twin got their allocation around lunch and the other nearer 4pm. Other friends found out by 8am and Solihull already knew and cut offs were coming in.
So it was another long day.

Hope BCC pull their socks up this year!



Thank you for that info Ricky74, waiting for two different results must of been double the worry.
It seems it would be silly to lose sleep over it. I am sure ones this worry is over with, the worry of how DS1 cope with secondary will start.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Offers Day
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:47 am
Posts: 31
we stayed up till midnight to check the portal, but it had nothing. The email came through about 4am, not sure when the portal was updated but not before the emails sent out. I think some people got emails around 8am though. Certainly not worth staying up all night for, and Solihull gave a good indication of cut offs the evening before.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Offers Day
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 3:25 pm
Posts: 236
Cecilcaterpillar wrote:
we stayed up till midnight to check the portal, but it had nothing. The email came through about 4am, not sure when the portal was updated but not before the emails sent out. I think some people got emails around 8am though. Certainly not worth staying up all night for, and Solihull gave a good indication of cut offs the evening before.


Thank you for sharing your experiences. Interesting to hear that Solihull finds out before us. That certainly will give an idea what to expect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Offers Day
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:30 pm
Posts: 18
Hi
Do anyone knows about the offer format.
do they tell only the one school they offer ?
Would we be able to know our rank for the waiting list for the schools where we wouldnt get offer.
If they wont tell us our waiting status for other schools who to contact to get the status please.
Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Offers Day
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:41 pm
Posts: 10560
Location: Essex
Khk wrote:
Hi
Do anyone knows about the offer format.
do they tell only the one school they offer ?
Would we be able to know our rank for the waiting list for the schools where we wouldnt get offer.
If they wont tell us our waiting status for other schools who to contact to get the status please.
Thanks


If your DC could be offered a place at more than one school, the place allocated will be at the one you ranked highest out of those on your CAF.

In most areas, your DC will automatically go on the waiting list for any school that you ranked higher than the one they were allocated. (Unless e.g. it's a grammar school with a pass mark and they didn't achieve it). You also have the right to lodge an appeal for those schools - including selective schools applied to but for which ypur DC failed to make the required grade. Check your LA website.

Precisely whom you contact re each school's waiting list should be detailed on the school's website and probably on your LA's website / the website of the LA where the school is situated, if different.

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Offers Day
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 3:25 pm
Posts: 236
ToadMum wrote:

If your DC could be offered a place at more than one school, the place allocated will be at the one you ranked highest out of those on your CAF.

In most areas, your DC will automatically go on the waiting list for any school that you ranked higher than the one they were allocated. (Unless e.g. it's a grammar school with a pass mark and they didn't achieve it). You also have the right to lodge an appeal for those schools - including selective schools applied to but for which ypur DC failed to make the required grade. Check your LA website.

Precisely whom you contact re each school's waiting list should be detailed on the school's website and probably on your LA's website / the website of the LA where the school is situated, if different.


Excellently explained Toadmum!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Offers Day
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:30 pm
Posts: 18
Thanks for the reply Toadmum.
What happen if we donot get our first choice and offered second choice .if we accept the offer do we loose our rank on waiting list for ist choice or it would remain there.
And what is the time frame for accepting offer.
Thanks in advance


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Offers Day
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 3:25 pm
Posts: 236
Khk wrote:
Thanks for the reply Toadmum.
What happen if we donot get our first choice and offered second choice .if we accept the offer do we loose our rank on waiting list for ist choice or it would remain there.
And what is the time frame for accepting offer.
Thanks in advance



From what I have read, you accept your second choice and stay on the waiting list of your first choice. But it's always wise to accept the school your offered by the deadline they provide you. Otherwise, you could be without a school. As you don't know how the waiting list will pan out.

All the best for Friday. Which schools are you hoping for?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Offers Day
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:41 pm
Posts: 10560
Location: Essex
Khk wrote:
Thanks for the reply Toadmum.
What happen if we donot get our first choice and offered second choice .if we accept the offer do we loose our rank on waiting list for ist choice or it would remain there.
And what is the time frame for accepting offer.
Thanks in advance


No, you don't lose your place on the waiting list for your first preference if you accept a lower ranked school (otherwise, there wouldn't be any waiting lists?).

As for things like the timeframe your LA allows, you need to check on its website, also comply with any instructions you are given when you are notified of your DC's school allocation.

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019 Offers Day
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:51 am
Posts: 10020
You are also strongly encouraged to accept the offered school while being on the waiting lists for others as accepting it won't affect your chance on the WL


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2021