Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:17 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:42 pm
Posts: 168
Just wondering how long till we find out the outcome of the proposed changes?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 10249
Location: Essex
Rooroo wrote:
Just wondering how long till we find out the outcome of the proposed changes?



The deadline for the determination of admission arrangements is 28th February and the admission authority (the school, if an academy) must notify their local authority by 15th March.

From the Admissions Code:

Determination
1.46 All admission authorities must determine (i.e. formally agree) admission arrangements every year, even if they have not changed from previous years and a consultation has not been required. Admission authorities must determine admission arrangements for entry in September 2016 by 15 April 2015 and for all subsequent years, by 28 February in the determination year.
1.47 Once admission authorities have determined their admission arrangements, they must notify the appropriate bodies and must publish a copy of the determined arrangements on their website displaying them for the whole offer year (the school year in which offers for places are made). Admission authorities must send a copy of their full, determined arrangements to the local authority. Admission authorities must send a copy of their determined admission arrangements for entry in September 2016 as soon as possible before 1 May 2015, and for all subsequent years, as soon as possible before 15 March in the determination year. Admission authorities for schools designated with a religious character must also send a copy oftheir arrangements to the body or person representing their religion or religious denomination.

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:42 pm
Posts: 168
Thank you ToadMum


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:53 am
Posts: 180
Camp Hill Boys have published the new admissions policy on their website this morning. Looks like the proposals have been passed. There’s no mention of score as yet but they’ve said both qualifying and priority scores will be published before the entrance test takes place.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:53 am
Posts: 180
Handsworth Boys have published their catchment map - looks like it includes some of Sandwell! So looks like there have been some tweaks!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:30 am
Posts: 52
KEFW have published theirs as well - the catchment and sibling priority is confirmed but they've included a couple of out of Birmingham areas in the catchment as well


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:21 am
Posts: 382
Tonythetiger wrote:
Handsworth Boys have published their catchment map - looks like it includes some of Sandwell! So looks like there have been some tweaks!


Just not my bit of Sandwell. 3 miles away from the school and in between the two catchments on the map. I'm not very happy at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:53 am
Posts: 180
Yes, Sandwell again. Looks like they listened to the feedback about the more deprived areas (Sandwell) but not for Solihull.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:53 am
Posts: 180
thirdtimemum wrote:
Tonythetiger wrote:
Handsworth Boys have published their catchment map - looks like it includes some of Sandwell! So looks like there have been some tweaks!


Just not my bit of Sandwell. 3 miles away from the school and in between the two catchments on the map. I'm not very happy at all.


How about the Five Ways catchment? Any luck there?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:21 am
Posts: 382
Tonythetiger wrote:
thirdtimemum wrote:
Tonythetiger wrote:
Handsworth Boys have published their catchment map - looks like it includes some of Sandwell! So looks like there have been some tweaks!


Just not my bit of Sandwell. 3 miles away from the school and in between the two catchments on the map. I'm not very happy at all.


How about the Five Ways catchment? Any luck there?

I doubt it as I'm further from there and wouldn't entertain sending my kids that far. Tbh I didn't like Handsworth for my eldest but its a matter of principle. Local schools for local kids is not what they are providing. If it was it would be on distance.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2020