Allocation & Waiting list movement March 2019 - scores only!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Inspector General

Re: Allocation & Waiting list movement March 2019 - scores o

Post by Inspector General »

hermanmunster wrote:Good idea - I know that Newport info is very limited but reckon someone will have WGHS
Hermann, now you have finished servicing the car :D , can you update NGHS please on p 1?! Thanks to nervousdad1, the lowest score we are aware of for OOA is 324 (unless I have missed something else). Thank you.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hang on - I'll just clean me paws, have had to oil my neck bolt too :mrgreen:

sorted :wink:
Penguin33

Post by Penguin33 »

Mama03 wrote:
superstressing wrote:Hi, does anyone know if the double offers are at QM Girls as well?
Just pondering waiting lists again?!?
I’m aware of one person who was offered QMHS by Walsall and also received a 2nd offer from Handsworth girls in the post.
Handsworth was declined.
My daughter was given a double offer one from QMHS and so was another from her school.
Rooroo

Post by Rooroo »

bluejay wrote:As the cut off is down (-2 to 335) from last years 337 maybe parents who had not opted for QM initially, (and have now met this cut off) have added themselves to the WL.

The fact the cut off was confirmed as 334 and then was charged to 335 will also have an impact.

All of this should impact the Birmingham schools if these children now will give up their Bhm places if they had offers.

The double allocations were always going to create an impact but it seems this year we are in for some shocks.... :shock: positive I hope for all of us on WL. :D

We have opted for KES and paid the deposit and can only hope the Bhm waiting list is kind to us.

QM is clearly a NO NO.
Fingers crossed for you.

If not though KES is amazing. Honestly if we had been successful with an AP there it would have been hard to turn down.
LChelt

Post by LChelt »

Just wondering if anyone could answer this question but I just spoke to the admissions officer at QMHS who stated that they have a high number of girls sitting the test late, I know some may be moving to the area but she gave the impression it was quite a number of girls. I’m just wondering why that’s allowed to happen?? Think it’s safe to say a score of 320 is definitely not going to cut it this year :(
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Because the Admissions Code does not allow you to prevent people applying if they meet the criteria to apply - and in most cases it would be moving into the area or just applying late.

It is one of the reasons we are very adamant on here that you should never share details of the test with anyone - even if you think they are your friend or your tutor - that information can be passed on - the tests are generally in use for an entire academic year.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

LChelt wrote:Just wondering if anyone could answer this question but I just spoke to the admissions officer at QMHS who stated that they have a high number of girls sitting the test late, I know some may be moving to the area but she gave the impression it was quite a number of girls. I’m just wondering why that’s allowed to happen?? Think it’s safe to say a score of 320 is definitely not going to cut it this year :(
I thought I had seen it on the schools website previously and not just my memory.I have just rechecked on the QMHS website. I see on the schools internal timetable the late sitters test was on the 5th March 2019.This should be little different to other years.The numbers involved should be limited.

From my own experience of other years the resit for those ill or who have special arrangements is normally a couple of weeks after the initial test date.These would be much greater numbers.

It is difficult waiting but you will get a much clearer picture by the middle of April.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
bigupash

Post by bigupash »

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 11&t=57476" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I raised this very topic on another thread (see above), the responses were not conclusive, but seems in this case you can sit the 11+ if you move into the area late or apply late (don't know how this works), but seems if the latter was adopted may work out better for some.... potentially going onto the waiting list at a higher position than someone who sat the exam last Sept....

Why would a late application be accepted, surely a deadline is there for a reason?

Maybe I am being naive..... or the frustration from all this is hitting me hard :shock:
snow white

Post by snow white »

There are two children in my sons class at school, who applied to sit the 11+ on time, however due to too many wanting to take the test in terms of seats available they were told to wait from September to March. It has been really difficult for those two, particularly on the test day and offers day. I presume they are not the only ones who had to wait. :roll:
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

bigupash wrote:https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 11&t=57476

I raised this very topic on another thread (see above), the responses were not conclusive, but seems in this case you can sit the 11+ if you move into the area late or apply late (don't know how this works), but seems if the latter was adopted may work out better for some.... potentially going onto the waiting list at a higher position than someone who sat the exam last Sept....

Why would a late application be accepted, surely a deadline is there for a reason?

Maybe I am being naive..... or the frustration from all this is hitting me hard :shock:
I agree that they would have more time to prepare, but their age at the time of taking the test would be taken into consideration.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now