Allocation & Waiting list movement March 2019 - scores only!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
helen0209

Re: Allocation & Waiting list movement March 2019 - scores o

Post by helen0209 »

BV will come under Birmingham LEA as it is not part of the KE Consortium. The LEA will offer the place not the school - this does change around December I think when the schools take over.

The school may know of people who have declined places, so the cut-off has now gone to 227, but letters may not be posted by the LEA for W/L offers until after 25th.
MathsMonster

Post by MathsMonster »

Ah that makes sense- so for Sg and bv should those on wl contact Birmingham lea? Does anyone know the number?
Trident

Post by Trident »

I was told that no offers will be going out until the 26th. They have had rejections and are holding onto places. Think the LEA are still trying to sort out all the errors, so it is easier to wait until the 26th and pass the task of sending out offers to the FO office rather than add more administration tasks to their list.

I am surprised the QM Boys score has gone up again to 336, that is very strange. How does that work for those that have already had offers on say 335? Seems there are still some errors somewhere?!

As far as I have heard about BV, the score has supposedly gone down to 227, but maybe they are waiting until the 26th to send these offers out. It is all really a big mess and a lot of stress for parents, which could have been avoided.
mebobby

Post by mebobby »

Ive called the LEA a couple of times and they said they offer the places.

Then I called the FO to confirm this they said no they will be offering the places not the LEA...It is a stressful time as it is for parents and the wait until the 25th March is so frustrating.

The LEA and FO need to get their facts straight and just tell us who will be offering the places...
Trident

Post by Trident »

The LEA will be offering the places for BV and SGGS, the FO will be offering places at KE'S schools once they have the waiting list for the 25th. The confusion is, when will this happen, the LEA first said to me they will offer the places as and when they become available, then they told me they have places available from rejections, but aren't offering them until the 25th (when the responsibility is passed on to the FO for the KE schools).

The LEA also told me that they no longer have the KE waiting list, the FO told me the LEA still have the list and they have no information whatsoever at this stage. All very confusing. It is just going to be a waiting exercise until the 25th, which thankfully is not too far away now.

QM score has surprised me though, don't understand how it keeps going up. There must still be some errors somewhere.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Trident wrote:The LEA will be offering the places for BV and SGGS, the FO will be offering places at KE'S schools once they have the waiting list for the 25th. The confusion is, when will this happen, the LEA first said to me they will offer the places as and when they become available, then they told me they have places available from rejections, but aren't offering them until the 25th (when the responsibility is passed on to the FO for the KE schools).

The LEA also told me that they no longer have the KE waiting list, the FO told me the LEA still have the list and they have no information whatsoever at this stage. All very confusing. It is just going to be a waiting exercise until the 25th, which thankfully is not too far away now.

QM score has surprised me though, don't understand how it keeps going up. There must still be some errors somewhere.
If someone with a higher score than the cut-off has joined the waiting list (possibly ranked another school higher on their CAF but have now changed preferences, or were excluded from the first round due to a late move to the area), then they would go to the top of the waiting list and the 'last score offered' would go up if they were offered and accepted a place.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
endangeredspecies

Post by endangeredspecies »

BV have confirmed cut off score is still 228 - nothing has changed. Just got to wait until next week now for more 'firm' information.
LChelt

Post by LChelt »

Just phoned Walsall LEA to check my daughters position on waiting list for QMHS & she’s going the wrong way from 40 to 42 lol! She’s got a score of 320! So definitely the local comp for us! Good luck to all still waiting.
MathsMonster

Post by MathsMonster »

LChelt wrote:Just phoned Walsall LEA to check my daughters position on waiting list for QMHS & she’s going the wrong way from 40 to 42 lol! She’s got a score of 320! So definitely the local comp for us! Good luck to all still waiting.
From what I’ve read all the schools go up initially, and then more movement later around June. I think you still have good chance.
MathsMonster

Post by MathsMonster »

Does anyone have the number for the LEA for the waiting list for SG and BV? I can find the foundation office number but not the LEA.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now