Allocation & Waiting list movement March 2019 - scores only!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Louise2379

Re: Allocation & Waiting list movement March 2019 - scores o

Post by Louise2379 »

Stressed mum of 3 wrote:Hi just to let you know that my son was offered a place at Bishop Vesey today. He was second on the waiting list since mid August. We have turned down his place at KE Aston. He originally started off at 102 on BV waiting list!! There is movement. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone.
That is great news. It must be a huge relief after such a long wait. My son also scored 220 and is still on the waiting list for BV. He was 8th place in mid August. I really don't know what his chances are now that term has started. Do places still become available at this late stage? My son has now started his new school so I think he will be reluctant to move even if a place does become available. I guess it's just a waiting game.
Stressed mum of 3

Post by Stressed mum of 3 »

Hi thank you yes it is a big relief.

Yes places have been known to be offered in September October and later.

Good luck and wishing your son all the best
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

Louise2379 wrote:
Stressed mum of 3 wrote:Hi just to let you know that my son was offered a place at Bishop Vesey today. He was second on the waiting list since mid August. We have turned down his place at KE Aston. He originally started off at 102 on BV waiting list!! There is movement. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone.
That is great news. It must be a huge relief after such a long wait. My son also scored 220 and is still on the waiting list for BV. He was 8th place in mid August. I really don't know what his chances are now that term has started. Do places still become available at this late stage? My son has now started his new school so I think he will be reluctant to move even if a place does become available. I guess it's just a waiting game.
We have been offered places in both a September and February (HGS).

The BV waiting list will be kept open until December. Then you would need to re-register on a new waiting list from January.

Previously (and assuming this is the case still) BV invites waiting list candidates to sit a new test if a vacancy becomes available. The top scorer gains a place.

If another place opens up then the 2nd highest candidate will be offered a place - up until the end of the school year, after which time a new test would need to be sat by all those on the waiting list!

It's a tricky decision if they've settled into another school though.

A new boy has started in one of my son's schools, year 9 this term, places can come up also if somebody leaves much later, albeit two years in!

Good luck. Hope he is enjoying his new school regardless.
Shortlawmonkey

Post by Shortlawmonkey »

There has been movement this week on the WGHS waiting list too. Our daughter started at WGHS this week and has met two girls who both told her that they had only received their offers this week.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

There always seems to be movement at the start of term due to 'no shows'

These people have no respect for anyone else.

It would be a good idea (although probably not feasible) if these 'no shows' were handed a heavy fine.

My daughter is year 10 at FW now, when she was in year 7 they had someone new start in the January.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Stressed mum of 3 wrote:
Ricky74 wrote:

His score was 220.

Great news. What waa his score so they can update the W/L positions on the front page?
Delighted to hear you have got a place - and don't worry the slightly late start will soon be forgotten :wink: Thanks for the info - have edited the front page - if anyone as any other late offers we could update the page now - though not sure how much help will be for parents next year!
Bettyspaghetti

Post by Bettyspaghetti »

Hi all, my son was offered a place at Five Ways yesterday. He was originally 95th on the waiting list back in March with a score of 230.

We are still deciding whether or not to accept as he is very happy and settled at Aston, but thought it would be helpful for people to know that there is still movement and there is likely to be more; he was still 9th at the end of the summer holidays, so there must have been quite a few no shows at the start of term
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Bettyspaghetti wrote:Hi all, my son was offered a place at Five Ways yesterday. He was originally 95th on the waiting list back in March with a score of 230.

We are still deciding whether or not to accept as he is very happy and settled at Aston, but thought it would be helpful for people to know that there is still movement and there is likely to be more; he was still 9th at the end of the summer holidays, so there must have been quite a few no shows at the start of term
Or, like your DS, the boys at positions 1 - 8 were happy with their allocated school and in their cases, the offer of a possibly single place was turned down.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Plazaplus

Post by Plazaplus »

Just to add my experience with “no shows” one of my children got offered HGS on March 1st, his 3rd choice. Then in June he got offered BVGS, his second choice. He attended this school on induction day only to receive a phone call from KEA that afternoon offering him a place ( his 1st choice). We were told the offer was 48 hours to make our minds up and he chose KEA. Once accepted I told KEA that I will be calling BVGS to thank them for the offer but my child has chosen a different school much closer to home only to be told don’t because once accepted they are automatically informed so they can offer another child a place.
Three months later in The first week of September I got a phone call from BVGS asking me why my child wasn’t in school. I told them he was in KEA to which let’s say they weren’t very impressed. They told me I should have told them as then that could benefitted another child earlier.
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Plazaplus wrote:Just to add my experience with “no shows” one of my children got offered HGS on March 1st, his 3rd choice. Then in June he got offered BVGS, his second choice. He attended this school on induction day only to receive a phone call from KEA that afternoon offering him a place ( his 1st choice). We were told the offer was 48 hours to make our minds up and he chose KEA. Once accepted I told KEA that I will be calling BVGS to thank them for the offer but my child has chosen a different school much closer to home only to be told don’t because once accepted they are automatically informed so they can offer another child a place.
Three months later in The first week of September I got a phone call from BVGS asking me why my child wasn’t in school. I told them he was in KEA to which let’s say they weren’t very impressed. They told me I should have told them as then that could benefitted another child earlier.
My son was offered a place at BV on 1st March, our 1st choice was KEFW. He was offered KEFW just before the Easter holidays which we accepted. I contacted BV as we received info about the induction day. I was told that I didn't need to but I still did and BV advised they had not been informed.

My son confirmed there has been new starters at FW this week. A boy has joined from Aston as he spoke to him at break time and he was wearing the Aston school blazer. Another boy started school from Day 1 wearing the Aston blazer so I presume must have been offered the place very late on in Aug/beginning of September.

Movement definitely occurs very late on due to no shows.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now