WGHS Advice

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
petewally

WGHS Advice

Post by petewally »

Hi, new to the forum and to all things eleven plus (although I did sit the Walsall version for QMGS myself in the late 80s).

My daughter wants to apply for Wolverhampton Girls (for September 2020 entry). We don't want to pay for tuition and are wondering the best way for us to prepare her for the exam. She's already done a few practice papers we got off the internet but in most cases they probably don't mirror what she'll get in the actual exam.

I know that they use the CEM exams so guess we should just get the CEM books as a start? From the tests she's done, I think her weakest point is her vocabulary so would like to focus on that I think.

Also, is it possible to give a rough percentage mark she needs to be getting right in the practice tests to have a realistic chance (ball-park figure)?

Any advice appreciated.

Many thanks.
quasimodo

Re: WGHS Advice

Post by quasimodo »

petewally wrote:Hi, new to the forum and to all things eleven plus (although I did sit the Walsall version for QMGS myself in the late 80s).

My daughter wants to apply for Wolverhampton Girls (for September 2020 entry). We don't want to pay for tuition and are wondering the best way for us to prepare her for the exam. She's already done a few practice papers we got off the internet but in most cases they probably don't mirror what she'll get in the actual exam.

I know that they use the CEM exams so guess we should just get the CEM books as a start? From the tests she's done, I think her weakest point is her vocabulary so would like to focus on that I think.

Also, is it possible to give a rough percentage mark she needs to be getting right in the practice tests to have a realistic chance (ball-park figure)?

Any advice appreciated.

Many thanks.
Begin here and work your way through the sections.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/prepa ... r-campaign" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is plenty of links on CEM if you work way round the website.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
petewally

Re: WGHS Advice

Post by petewally »

Thanks, I'll take a look.