AGS Cut Off Score

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
kathb

Re: AGS Cut Off Score

Post by kathb »

wolvsparent wrote:Hi Kathb, yes DD1 is Yr9. From anecdotal evidence, I had assumed cutoff on previous years was around the 325 mark, which is why we had already prepared DD2 for the inevitable rejection. I think in the last few months he’d even started to prefer the second choice, so took the news very well.

If the catchment is extended (I know the funding was not successful for the proposed change in catchment to Telford) and I am sure they will do this, as the Wolverhampton children do seem to be resented for taking “local” places, I can’t see the three buses from Wolves carrying on. It will take several years for this to filter up, but sixth form may be interesting!

Is your offered school place one you were happy with? There seem to be so many people not get any of their choices, not just first choice, this year. Many parents last Friday were quite emotional and unhappy at the school gates. It’s such a lottery. :(

We have Highfields which we are very pleased about for a second choice, we live comfortably within the catchment area.
wolvsparent

Post by wolvsparent »

Ha! Well that’s a snap. DD1 AGS, DD2 Highfields!
jay001

Post by jay001 »

Hi
Good News !
Just been made an offer at Adams OOA 330 via waiting list.
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

jay001 wrote:Hi
Good News !
Fantastic news :D
nervousdad1

Post by nervousdad1 »

helen0209 wrote:
jay001 wrote:Hi
Good News !
Fantastic news :D
awesome nice one jay001
Pkaur

Post by Pkaur »

Hi Came across this post which is still relevant to our situation. Son sat exam Sept 2019 scored 350+. I just wanted reassurance if those on the forum with the wealth of experience as to whether we are safe for a place at AGS. I know that no one has a crystal ball but we are OOA in Wolverhampton so reading the thread I know places are really limited. Is my sons score high enough? I guess I dont want to get his hope's up? The responses on this thread indicated OOA cut offs will rise..
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now