Waiting list process

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
cbebala

Waiting list process

Post by cbebala »

Hi, My son had scored 224 and he has not received KEAston... I am shocked the score has gone up 6 points this year , huge disappointment to the child and parents..

Could you please help me understand on the waiting list, and does he stand a chance for KEA in waiting list, as 226 has been offered...

Appreciate your help..
care1960bear

Re: Waiting list process

Post by care1960bear »

My son hasnt been offered KEA either at 224.
He has been offered local comp but will automatically go on to the waiting list as it was higher preference than the local comp offered.

In the meantime I will accept it and see what happens.

224 is not far off 226. Last year offers were made off the waiting list at lower scores. I think its just a matter of waiting now.

Unless you want to appeal but I'm not too sure on how that works.
cbebala

Post by cbebala »

thank you... it is very disheartneing to see that child dint get a seat for a score of 224... we were expecting BV...
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

care1960bear wrote:My son hasnt been offered KEA either at 224.
He has been offered local comp but will automatically go on to the waiting list as it was higher preference than the local comp offered.

In the meantime I will accept it and see what happens.

224 is not far off 226. Last year offers were made off the waiting list at lower scores. I think its just a matter of waiting now.
I would be confident of an offer based on previous years waiting lists in the weeks and months to come.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

Please accept the school place offered - you can appeal/accept places/be added to waiting lists afterwards, just make sure you have a place (whether you want it or not!)
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

To those of you who haven't been offered Aston, what about HGS?
cbebala

Post by cbebala »

we had given Adams as our fourth preference and HGS as the 5th ..

But unfortuntately he has been offered boarding in ADAM's which we wont be able to pay..

My situation is currently, i dont have any schools that i can accept even local comp school

really bad situation for a score of 224...

Can you please help me , if i reject the ADAM's offer my son will stand chances of getting for HGS or KEA ..

I am not sure of the standard of the HGS school and its locality, any help from parents will really help
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

KE Handsworth for boys has always been a good school and in my view has improved a lot in the last few years so there is little to choose between it and other KE schools.The new catchment criteria will obliterate further any perceived differences.I would in the first instance contact Birmingham admissions advising them you are rejecting Adams and ask to go on the waiting list for KE Handsworth.Then wait for offers from the waiting lists and accept each one as its made.Once you have a higher offer then accepting the new one and rejecting the earlier one.

Be patient a school will work out.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Rooroo

Post by Rooroo »

As it's a waiting list question I'll pop it here if no one minds.

Those who are now on waiting lists for one of the grammars, will there be absolutely no movement before the 25th or might schools offer out places in the meantime?
cbebala

Post by cbebala »

thank you all..

we received a communication few minutes back he has been offered HGS boys...

ADAM's offer on boarding was only a suggestion that was offered to us and it was not holding our son's seat in other schools..

Appreciate all your help..