Will there be any movement before the 25th March?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rooroo

Will there be any movement before the 25th March?

Post by Rooroo »

I know they have said that waiting list positions won't be given until this time but as the schools have asked for confirmations to be sent by the 15th March will they allocate spaces as they become available? Or will nothing now move until the 25th?
KenR

Re: Will there be any movement before the 25th March?

Post by KenR »

Rooroo wrote:I know they have said that waiting list positions won't be given until this time but as the schools have asked for confirmations to be sent by the 15th March will they allocate spaces as they become available? Or will nothing now move until the 25th?
I believe there will be movement before the 25th March if parents reject offers before that date. The procedure is that if the School received a rejection and therefore needs a new candidate, then they contact the consortium office and request the next name on the waiting list.
Rooroo

Post by Rooroo »

KenR wrote:
Rooroo wrote:I know they have said that waiting list positions won't be given until this time but as the schools have asked for confirmations to be sent by the 15th March will they allocate spaces as they become available? Or will nothing now move until the 25th?
I believe there will be movement before the 25th March if parents reject offers before that date. The procedure is that if the School received a rejection and therefore needs a new candidate, then they contact the consortium office and request the next name on the waiting list.
Thank you. I do hope that is the case. My DS has some friends on or 1-2 below the cut off and it's such a long wait for them.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Looking at previous years Rooroo, it seems they don't wait to offer from the waiting list. I think what will slow the process down, is how slowly offers are rejected.
Last edited by Skylark on Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

If you are on a W/L you will need to be patient - believe me, I know from experience that this isn’t easy! :cry:

There are many threads from previous years showing W/L movement, but just to put into a little perspective - DS1 was 3 points from the cut-off in 2016 and received an offer at the end of June - 4 whole months of waiting. He wasn’t the last either - positions are offered all the way up to the start of term, and then no shows mean more can be offered once a child has started a different school.

Best of luck to all those who are waiting this year .
Rooroo

Post by Rooroo »

Thank you for the replies. Good luck to everyone waiting still and fingers crossed it's not too long of a wait.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now