Wolverhampton girls high letter

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Butterfly991

Wolverhampton girls high letter

Post by Butterfly991 »

Has anyone received anything from WGHS? I haven’t got anything yet & I was wondering if I should be worried . Thanks.
cbebala

Re: Wolverhampton girls high letter

Post by cbebala »

applicants with cut off score of 325 has been offered WGHS, so if your daughter has scored above 325 you must have received the offer... otherwise you would be on the waiting list
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Butterfly991 wrote:Has anyone received anything from WGHS? I haven’t got anything yet & I was wondering if I should be worried . Thanks.
The actual information re your school allocation will have come from your home locsl authority, so presumably you are talking about a welcome pack? We're not in uour area, but when our DC got their secondary school allocations, nothing came from their allocated school itself for quite a while - not until after the deadline for responding to the offer via the local authority.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
dontak

Post by dontak »

I rang the school this afternoon and was told letters will be sent out the 2nd or 3rd week of March. They do not send letters until things have settled down and offers have been declined. Acceptance needs to be confirmed by the end of March.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Butterfly991 wrote:Has anyone received anything from WGHS? I haven’t got anything yet & I was wondering if I should be worried . Thanks.
You shouldn't be worried.I recall similar worries expressed on this forum in previous years.There are a number of documents in the welcome pack and can take hours rather than minutes working your way through.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Butterfly991

Post by Butterfly991 »

Thank you for all the replies. Yes my dd has been offered a place started this Sep but haven’t received anything from the school yet. Thanks for the reassurance.
educationalmum

Post by educationalmum »

My daughter is also starting WGHS in September and was thinking the same thing.

I have had my confirmation letter from W'ton Council so feel better to know that the school haven't sent anything out as yet.
educationalmum

Post by educationalmum »

Can I just check, do I need to respond to LA to say I accept the place? There was no where that indicated that I needed to do this.

I can't remember doing this 1st time round when my eldest went to local comp.
purple1234

Post by purple1234 »

I've also received the letter from Wolves council stating allocation of a place at WGHS, but no option to reply or accept. From what I recall with DD1, we should here from the Head in a week or so and we will be invited in April to show birth certificates etc
educationalmum

Post by educationalmum »

purple1234 wrote:I've also received the letter from Wolves council stating allocation of a place at WGHS, but no option to reply or accept. From what I recall with DD1, we should here from the Head in a week or so and we will be invited in April to show birth certificates etc
Thanks for the information. You can get so worried in this process.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now