Applying from Edinburgh

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Vani708

Applying from Edinburgh

Post by Vani708 »

Hello,
We are currently living in Edinburgh. My son is in P6. We are looking to apply to Bishop Vesey grammar School in Birmingham. Has anyone taken this route and would like to share their experience?
Thank you. :?: :?: :) :)
hermanmunster

Re: Applying from Edinburgh

Post by hermanmunster »

I hope you are planning to move !

I think someone did apply to somewhere in England from Scotland a few years back. You can obviously apply to do the exam but am not sure how you apply for the actual place! Normally you would complete the CAF and submit it to the LEA where you live .. but Edinburgh won;t be connected to this system.

ETA - there is a thread where someone applied to Gloucs schools - might give some ideas about the logistics https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 16&t=54178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and one moving from Scotland to Birmingham here https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... d&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vani708

Post by Vani708 »

Thank you.Let me go through the thread.
Ceinwen

Post by Ceinwen »

hermanmunster wrote:I hope you are planning to move !
Many people are ready to move across the country if this means enabling their child to receive an excellent education. It’s a shame so many grammar schools were closed in the seventies.
Those who claim they are against GS because they want all schools to be excellent live in a dream world... And meanwhile they place their children in GS! How ironic!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Ceinwen wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:I hope you are planning to move !
Many people are ready to move across the country if this means enabling their child to receive an excellent education. It’s a shame so many grammar schools were closed in the seventies.
Those who claim they are against GS because they want all schools to be excellent live in a dream world... And meanwhile they place their children in GS! How ironic!
I agree it is a shame that there are not more GS around - the comment about moving was a joke :? hoping they weren't planning to commute. :lol:
Vani708

Post by Vani708 »

Yes we are planning to move. Confused about how to apply from Edinburgh. :)
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Ceinwen wrote:Many people are ready to move across the country if this means enabling their child to receive an excellent education. It’s a shame so many grammar schools were closed in the seventies.
+1
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Vani708 wrote:Yes we are planning to move. Confused about how to apply from Edinburgh. :)
It is tricky but there are ways around it - I think some people contacted the LEA where the school was based for advice - hope you get sorted
apillow

Post by apillow »

our daughter was in Year 6 when we moved. We applied for the 11plus in May as the child does not need to live in birmingham to sit for the test. My hubby was living in Birmingham for an year then.She did well in the test and got admission in KE school. WE only moved once a place was confirmed. DD in Year 7 now.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

This may change as catchments are introduced so probably best if the OP checks with the LEA directly.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now