2019 entry waiting lists - Birmingham and QMGS /QMHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Satty07

Re: 2019 entry waiting lists - Birmingham and QMGS /QMHS

Post by Satty07 »

Update my daughter scored 321 at QMHS is now 4th on waiting list as of today.
Inner Chimp

Post by Inner Chimp »

Satty07 wrote:Update my daughter scored 321 at QMHS is now 4th on waiting list as of today.
Great news hopefully not too long now do you live far from the school?
Satty07

Post by Satty07 »

Inner Chimp wrote:
Satty07 wrote:Update my daughter scored 321 at QMHS is now 4th on waiting list as of today.
Great news hopefully not too long now do you live far from the school?
About 1.5 miles
smarties3

Post by smarties3 »

Hi, our DD had an offer yesterday for FW with a score of 230 (we are approx 3 miles away). She was 77th on w/l as of 3/4/19 and we didn’t dare hope she’d get a place. She’s so excited to get her first choice!
Apparently several places have been released over the weekend. We will be releasing her place at Sutton Girls (a fantastic school, but a longer journey for her) tomorrow first thing.
Good luck to everyone waiting
SouthBrumMum

Post by SouthBrumMum »

Fantastic news Smarties3, and sorted before induction day which is great news for your DD. I think we were quite close behind you in the list (also 230 but we live further away). We were 9th a couple of weeks ago....wonder where we are now!
smarties3

Post by smarties3 »

SouthBrumMum wrote:Fantastic news Smarties3, and sorted before induction day which is great news for your DD. I think we were quite close behind you in the list (also 230 but we live further away). We were 9th a couple of weeks ago....wonder where we are now!
Southbrummum definitely worth a call, they made 6 offers at 230 yesterday apparently!!! I shall keep my fingers crossed for you!
Bettyspaghetti

Post by Bettyspaghetti »

That's excellent news Smarties, and good to hear that the list is still moving!

I'm a bit baffled though, as my son (also on 230) was 12th on the list last Thursday and had only moved up to 10th yesterday, even though 6 places were offered on Monday!
smarties3

Post by smarties3 »

Bettyspaghetti wrote:That's excellent news Smarties, and good to hear that the list is still moving!

I'm a bit baffled though, as my son (also on 230) was 12th on the list last Thursday and had only moved up to 10th yesterday, even though 6 places were offered on Monday!
That does seem odd... I can only say the 6 place movement was hearsay as I did not ask the question myself, I maybe should have been more reticent posting that figure.
This year has been very odd - i think more people may have re-ordered their preferences with the new catchments, especially if they have younger siblings or reliant on the green bus.
Hope you hear good news soon
Inner Chimp

Post by Inner Chimp »

From 60 we are now 29 QMHS, frustrating when you see 77 and 88 places having been offered by KE schools off waiting list
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

It seems that QM offered places in such a way that there has been minimal movement Innerchimp. Either that or those offered places have kept them.

KEFW for example had the cut off at 237 and it is now 230 so the cut off in March was way too high.

The previous years it has been 232/233 so this 4 points hike was excessive and caused unnecessary stress and worry for many parents and children. When we were waiting on a score of 234 I couldn't imagine it every dropping that low and for so many children to give up their place. Clearly that has happened.

I do wonder if some more girls have gone elsewhere as there has been a few more places offered at KEFW recently.
Maybe they have changed their mind as we were told that there are 6 classes in Year 7.
3 will be boys only and the other 3 will have a mixture of boys and girls approx 20 boys and 10 girls in those classes.

My friend said that she was told when she asked at the welcome meeting that there are 150 boys and 30 girls.
She said a few more of her daughters friends have pulled out and gone to an all girls school instead so maybe even less girls will be starting in September.

Last year there was movement of 50+ places and this year even more uncertainty due to the catchment areas introduction. 75+ places off WL is substantial.

After induction day there may be a little more movement due to no shows. Best of luck to those so close to the top of the lists.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now