2019 entry waiting lists - Birmingham and QMGS /QMHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
smarties3

Re: 2019 entry waiting lists - Birmingham and QMGS /QMHS

Post by smarties3 »

bluejay wrote: I do wonder if some more girls have gone elsewhere as there has been a few more places offered at KEFW recently.
Maybe they have changed their mind as we were told that there are 6 classes in Year 7.
3 will be boys only and the other 3 will have a mixture of boys and girls approx 20 boys and 10 girls in those classes.

My friend said that she was told when she asked at the welcome meeting that there are 150 boys and 30 girls.
She said a few more of her daughters friends have pulled out and gone to an all girls school instead so maybe even less girls will be starting in September.

Last year there was movement of 50+ places and this year even more uncertainty due to the catchment areas introduction. 75+ places off WL is substantial.

After induction day there may be a little more movement due to no shows. Best of luck to those so close to the top of the lists.
I’m a little tentative posting as this is all subject to change but when my DD offered a place at KEFW this week I was told she was the 41st girl.
I’m very happy they’ve split the classes as they have. A certain threshold of girls is a good idea and I think 12 in a class is a reasonable start for friendship groups.
On a personal level I went to an all girls school and whilst I did not have a bad experience as such, I think I did miss out on things at a social level (I did not do any mixed activities outside school either). It is strongly my preference for her to have co-ed schooling (DH is ambivalent but accepting!).
Hopefully there may be a few more girls going if places are released over the coming weeks!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Is the cut off on March 1st the score, below which, you have not passed? Or just the score of the last DC (the one that took the school to PAN) to be offered a place? If the latter, then the pattern of applicants decides it, surely?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I think it's the latter, TM, Birmingham doesn't currently have a cut off/qualification score - it's just the lowest score to be offered a place so far.
Manj007

Post by Manj007 »

Evening all, just a quick update...
My son (score 222) has been offered a place at Bishop Vesey, we have accepted that and freed up a place at Handsworth Grammar.

Also, can someone help.....?

My son scored 333 for the Walsall exam, QM tell me he is 15th on the waiting list but Walsall council say he is 7th, who is likely to have the more uptown date list
Satty07

Post by Satty07 »

Satty07 wrote:Update my daughter scored 321 at QMHS is now 4th on waiting list as of today.
Today my daughter got offered QMHS and we are well happy and wishing those who are waiting all the best there’s still hope
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

Satty07 wrote:
Satty07 wrote:Update my daughter scored 321 at QMHS is now 4th on waiting list as of today.
Today my daughter got offered QMHS and we are well happy and wishing those who are waiting all the best there’s still hope
Great news!
Satty07

Post by Satty07 »

Ricky74 wrote:
Satty07 wrote:
Great news!
Thank you
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Satty07 wrote:
Fab news Satty. Well done to your DD, you can all finally relax now.
Satty07

Post by Satty07 »

bluejay wrote:
Satty07 wrote:
Fab news Satty. Well done to your DD, you can all finally relax now.
Thanks and we go again with my son in 2020 to 2021 season
Mumfaa

Post by Mumfaa »

Hi,we were offered a place at QMHS with 320 score yesterday which we have declined as DD is going to Sutton Girls Grammar School.
Good luck to those who are waiting, I am sure next on the list would have got the offer today as we declined the place yesterday over email.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now