2019 entry waiting lists - Birmingham and QMGS /QMHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

LChelt

Re: 2019 entry waiting lists - Birmingham and QMGS /QMHS

Post by LChelt »

Daughter is now 24th on WL for QMHS ON 320. Too far!!!
Bobby74

Post by Bobby74 »

Hi
My DS scored 231 and has been offered KE Aston. We were really hoping for KE five ways. He is currently 17 on the waiting list. I spoke to foundation office this morning and was told, 81 offers has been made so far and there isn't likely to be any more movement now as camp hill boys and girls is all complete. I don't know if I should remain hopefull.

Thanks in advance
LChelt

Post by LChelt »

LChelt wrote:Daughter is now 24th on WL for QMHS ON 320. Too far!!!
Just an update LEA said 24 but QMHS said 29 - being the pessimist I am, I will assume the school is correct! Ah well, time to call it a day! Although I keep saying that but can’t seem to stop checking :?
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Bobby74 wrote:Hi
My DS scored 231 and has been offered KE Aston. We were really hoping for KE five ways. He is currently 17 on the waiting list. I spoke to foundation office this morning and was told, 81 offers has been made so far and there isn't likely to be any more movement now as camp hill boys and girls is all complete. I don't know if I should remain hopefull.

Thanks in advance
It is still early days. My niece got her offer last year for FW at the beginning of May and a further 15 were made after hers.

All offers may have been made at the moment, but there will still be movement and offers continue to be made through the summer. Some even into September.

My DD is year 9 at FW, one of her friends got offered 4 months after they started year7.

Just keep everything crossed. Good luck
Bobby74

Post by Bobby74 »

nervousmom wrote:

Thanks in advance
It is still early days. My niece got her offer last year for FW at the beginning of May and a further 15 were made after hers.

All offers may have been made at the moment, but there will still be movement and offers continue to be made through the summer. Some even into September.

My DD is year 9 at FW, one of her friends got offered 4 months after they started year7.

Just keep everything crossed. Good luck

Thank you nervousmom
Just spoken to five ways school and they have sent out some offers this morning score 232. List is moving
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

We were on 234 and were offered a place on Friday 12th April.
We were in position 17 of 21 children who had a 234 score.

As of 12th April 46 places had been offered by KEFW.

So for them to have offered 81 places as of yesterday and still offering more today it seems that KEFW will be offering at least 85 children places off the WL this year, again there may be a few more than don't turn up for induction day so some more slight movement will occur.
Last year it seemed they offered in the region of 65-70 places so there has definitely been more movement this year.

Good luck to all those still waiting. Movement is clearly still going on. :)
Reeve

Post by Reeve »

KEFW has just confirmed to me today that they have now offered 86 places.

Hope this assists anyone waiting for a place.
LChelt

Post by LChelt »

bluejay wrote:We were on 234 and were offered a place on Friday 12th April.
We were in position 17 of 21 children who had a 234 score.

As of 12th April 46 places had been offered by KEFW.

So for them to have offered 81 places as of yesterday and still offering more today it seems that KEFW will be offering at least 85 children places off the WL this year, again there may be a few more than don't turn up for induction day so some more slight movement will occur.
Last year it seemed they offered in the region of 65-70 places so there has definitely been more movement this year.

Good luck to all those still waiting. Movement is clearly still going on. :)
Wish QMHS list would move - enough for my daughter :wink:
Reeve

Post by Reeve »

Thanks in advance
Kefw have confirmed to me today that they have now made 86 offers so there is some movement for your DS. Good luck.
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Five Ways (WL movement)
Cut off on 1st March was 237

10 children on 237 who were NOT offered a place on allocations day received offers on 26th March.
(Last place offered at 6.9km / 4.2 miles - distance from school)

** AS OF 26th March 24 places offered off WL** children on 236 and 235 were made offers.

** AS OF 4th April 31 places offered off WL**

Confirmed on 8.4.2019 offering on 234 for KEFW

** AS OF 9th April 9am: 37 places offered off WL **

** AS OF 9th April 4pm: 42 places offered for FW off WL

** AS OF 12th April 4pm: 46 places offered for FW off WL **

** AS OF 29th April 81 places offered for FW off WL**

Confirmed on 30.4.2019 offering on 232 for KEFW

** AS OF 30th April 86 places offered for FW off WL **
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now