Questions for Parents Evening HGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Caveman47

Questions for Parents Evening HGS

Post by Caveman47 »

My DS first parents/guardians evening and I was wondering if there are any questions I should be asking other than the usual?

He has a had great year so far.
Reeve

Re: Questions for Parents Evening HGS

Post by Reeve »

Caveman47 wrote:My DS first parents/guardians evening and I was wondering if there are any questions I should be asking other than the usual?

For my daughter at her grammer school we had 5 minutes with each teacher. We also had beforehand a report on her grades for each subject. Unless their is any pastoral problems then most of your questions should be academic progress.

Have a look at his grades and subjects and see if their is anything that you do not understand or any areas of concern. If his current assessment is not on track then ask the school what they can do to get him back on track and what grades he is expected to achieve. If he is on track then you can raise any concerns that your DS may have bought to your attention.

Ask the teachers about his strengths and any areas where he might need help. Mention subjects that he enjoys and ask if there is anything that your DS can do or websites that he can use to keep his grades at the expected level.

Hope this assists.
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

Reeve wrote:
Caveman47 wrote:My DS first parents/guardians evening and I was wondering if there are any questions I should be asking other than the usual?

For my daughter at her grammer school we had 5 minutes with each teacher. We also had beforehand a report on her grades for each subject. Unless their is any pastoral problems then most of your questions should be academic progress.

Have a look at his grades and subjects and see if their is anything that you do not understand or any areas of concern. If his current assessment is not on track then ask the school what they can do to get him back on track and what grades he is expected to achieve. If he is on track then you can raise any concerns that your DS may have bought to your attention.

Ask the teachers about his strengths and any areas where he might need help. Mention subjects that he enjoys and ask if there is anything that your DS can do or websites that he can use to keep his grades at the expected level.

Hope this assists.
Thank you Reeve.

This is very helpful.

Very much appreciated.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

To be honest, I would focus on how he is settling in and coping with secondary school, homework and the work, in that order, for the 1st parents evening.