Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: DIY practice tests
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:43 am 

Search for Shirley mock exams on internet.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:58 am 

Mia12 wrote:
Fishface101 wrote:
I was right so you can mention books publishers but not online. Interesting. Shirley that should be ok?

Thanks for trying Fishface. I didn't realize it was against forum policy.

For reference, here are the forum rules, which we ask you to read before posting. If in doubt, please always ask :)

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:17 pm 

JM40 wrote:
DD is in year 5 and we are doing DIY 11+ prep. We are currently working through the Bond CEM books using the ten minute tests and practice papers. Can anyone with more experience advise whether Bond alone is decent preparation for the Birmingham exam? Or are we best to include resources from other publishers too? Thanks in advance - I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed and don’t want DD to be underprepared for what to expect in the real exam.

I would definitely recommend a variety as being key. You don't want your child becoming reliant on one type of publisher. We diyed mostly and used anything that had CEM written on the front cover :lol: . Since this was our first time with our eldest DS1 we weren't sure about much. But having gone through it now and our son's feedback it panned out well thankfully.

I wish you all the best in your prep.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:55 pm 

Hi we have started to do test papers at weekends and finished cgp pack 1, just wondered what people’s views were on which brand has test papers of the hardest level - I’m probably going to continue with cgp for now (although ds noted a couple of questions had mistakes). But interested to see how compare to tougher ones.

Also does any one else think time has flown by? This time last year we started our 11+ journey thinking possibly may be its too early and test seemed such a long time Away and now there are only 3 months left!
:shock: