CEM exam for Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin Consortium

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pkaur

CEM exam for Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin Consortium

Post by Pkaur »

Hello everyone, I have a few questions regarding the CEM exam for the Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin area.

1. How long is the actual exam?
2. How many papers are there?
3. How many sections are there on the papers? is it equal number of sections/Mark's for Maths, VR and NVR?
4. Anyone who took exam last year can I get feedback on the timing of the sections? e.g. NVR 10 questions in 4 mins or 5 mins? Comprehension 14 questions in 14 mins? I am trying to gauge the limitations on time and what we should be trying to achieve.
5. Do students find the timings are tight on particular sections of the exam.

Thanks in advance everyone .
scary mum

Re: CEM exam for Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin Consortiu

Post by scary mum »

This might help. Since the dates on this section are 2017, please check that the information is up to date.
scary mum
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

CEM can and do alter the number of sections, types of questions, time for each section and no of questions per section from one exam to another, so it’s best not to prepare your DC to expect a set number of sections or a set amount of time. They need to be prepared for it to be different.

Expect the unexpected.
Fishface101

Post by Fishface101 »

Hi I looked on link and am but confused regards answer sheet format. Are they all multiple choice so just a line against a,b,c or d etc? Does it include marking digits to represent answer too? Or are any written answers required too?

DS’s handwriting when trying to write quickly isn’t the best, so marking choices has been a god send.

We are doing both the Birmingham and Walsall etc exams.

Kr
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now