Camp hill boys - dedicated buses

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fishface101

Camp hill boys - dedicated buses

Post by Fishface101 »

Hi can someone please let me know if there are dedicated buses for camp hill boys and how far out do they come? Or do they pick up in Birmingham city centre?

Just considering travel options if put camp hill boys as a choice come October.

Kr
ToadMum

Re: Camp hill boys - dedicated buses

Post by ToadMum »

The 35 route seems to go quite close to the Camp Hill grammar schools?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

It would be helpful to give some indication of what area you're talking about. Several Green Bus routes go to Camp Hill and it's on the route of the 11 (outer circle) amongst others.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Fishface101 wrote:Hi can someone please let me know if there are dedicated buses for camp hill boys and how far out do they come? Or do they pick up in Birmingham city centre?

Just considering travel options if put camp hill boys as a choice come October.

Kr

The vast majority of the boys will be from the new catchment area, it is possible that school buses will adjust routes to reflect this - not much point in routes coming from a long way out if there aren't many pupils
Fishface101

Post by Fishface101 »

Thank you all good to know it’s like the number 11 but noted re catchment area issue - just thinking about whether any point including it in choices our commitment to driving re drop off and pick up. Foundation office said does not jeopardise chance with inside catchment school if put an out of catchment school before it.

I would imagine current bus route would continue for a few years until pre 2020 finish as alot of those pupils are technically out of catchment under the new policy?

All academic re travelling arrangements if you pardon the pun until ds does test and we get results. But just wanted to get an idea.
Thanks
solimum

Post by solimum »

Buses will go where they can make money! The regular no. 50 route up and down the Alcester Rd serves both Camp Hill schools (DS2 used to catch it to Moor St and train home, outward would be train to Solihull then no. 76) - the Green buses tend to be longer, earlier routes and are of course designed to collect as many pupils as they can en route. I imagine they will evolve over time