Countdown to exam 2019 - last minute questions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Pkaur

Countdown to exam 2019 - last minute questions

Post by Pkaur »

Hi All

My son is due to sit the 11 plus exam in 4 weeks, for Wolverhampton/Telford - trying to get into Adams.

It's finally getting closer and nerves are kicking in....for all of our family

Any advice from those on here who have gone through this experience in the last couple of years to combat nerves for my son and his parents. My son is relatively laid back to be fair and we don't put any pressure on him but inside i am feeling anxious for him but I think thats understandable knowing how hard he has worked.

Also he has sat some formal mock exams and the centre he sat them at always tell us the level of the mock is higher than the real exam,,, so the real exam is slightly easier. We have no way of knowing this as its our first child going through the 11 plus exam process. I won't name the company that run the exam but the cohort is big enough.
Did any of your children who sat the exam find it easier than the mocks? if so in what way specifically?

thanks in advance guys
Wildfuture

Re: Countdown to exam 2019 - last minute questions

Post by Wildfuture »

If a tutor or tuition centre said their mock tests were not as hard as the real test, who would use them? It's just advertising and drumming up their trade. They have no way of knowing the level of difficulty of upcoming tests.