KEHS or KE Handsworth Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Edgbaston Dad

KEHS or KE Handsworth Girls

Post by Edgbaston Dad »

Daughter has a place at both, any views on which I should accept. Acamedically the schools do not appear too far apart, however, what do I get for my £50k+

All view appreciated

ED
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I appreciate that there is now money involved and that always makes the decision more difficult.
30 years ago the decision would have been a no brainer ... and from what I saw on a trip round KEHS last year it is still a league ahead of much else around - very impressive - except when are they going to update the domestic science room???? we were using the those "eye level" gas grills decades ago!!!!!!!! :D
KE Mum

Post by KE Mum »

Hi

We were in a similar situation a couple of years ago - my youngest wanted to go to KEHS but her sister was already at Camp Hill. We had a few stressful days deciding what to do.

What really swung it for me was that a friend's boy had been to KES and when going into the sixth form his parents decided to switch him to Camp Hill as they were struggling a bit financially. They said that that KES appeared very much the same as Camp Hill except you paid!

Both of my daughters go to Camp Hill and they have been very happy, do exceedingly well and I couldn't really grumble about much at all.

Of course, it is your decision at the end of the day, but why pay all that money if you don't have to? KEHS for us was a back up plan if she didn't get into Camp Hill - I am glad we saved our money!
shellymom

KEHS or Handsworth girls

Post by shellymom »

Hi, My daughter passed for both, she already attends an independent school so we are used to the fees, but it still hurts. We were in a dilema too as this was our chance not to pay fees ever again, but our daughters heart was set on KEHS and to be honest as much as we love Handsworth and the head our gut feeling has been to send her to KEHS, so the letter has been sent. Time will tell if we have made the right choice but at the moment our heart says yes. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now