Walsall/Wolverhampton/Shropshire 2019 exam results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
EmmaW

Re: Walsall/Wolverhampton/Shropshire 2019 exam results

Post by EmmaW »

Busy bee - my daughter has scored 326. Like you, I was initially worried thinking it was very close (going by scores on here). However after reading the letter a few times to take it all in, I gather the lowest score achieving entry has been 319. Obviously the admin on here can only update info being given. Not every parent/carer of every girl gone to WGHS on here.

Are you going to open evening on Wednesday? If your letter states they would encourage you to include WGHS on CAF then my understanding is that daughter has a very good chance of a place. It would be interesting to find out what the lowest score achieved was that is being invited to Wednesday.

I don't know.... minefield really and we won't know anything for sure till March obviously. I'm also thinking with there being an extra 35 places, would that not bring the score being offered down?

Have fingers crossed for us all.
Potter1

Post by Potter1 »

My daughter scored 338 and I’m just hoping it’s enough! Long wait ahead until March, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!
EmmaW

Post by EmmaW »

Potter1 wrote:My daughter scored 338 and I’m just hoping it’s enough! Long wait ahead until March, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

Your daughters score should definitely be good enough. Well done to her!.
busybee.

Post by busybee. »

So my daughter scored 299 and has been encouraged to apply? any thoughts? we also received an invite for Wednesday
EmmaW

Post by EmmaW »

busybee. wrote:So my daughter scored 299 and has been encouraged to apply? any thoughts? we also received an invite for Wednesday
You have nothing to lose by putting WGHS first. If your daughter sadly isn't offered a place her 2nd choice automatically becomes her 1st. She will then be put on the waiting list for WGHS. This is my understanding anyway.

See you Wednesday :-)
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

EmmaW wrote:
busybee. wrote:So my daughter scored 299 and has been encouraged to apply? any thoughts? we also received an invite for Wednesday
You have nothing to lose by putting WGHS first. If your daughter sadly isn't offered a place her 2nd choice automatically becomes her 1st. She will then be put on the waiting list for WGHS. This is my understanding anyway.

See you Wednesday :-)
I agree with this advice.

Busybee I hope you don't mind me posting my private response to your pm for the benefit of others now you have posted your dd's score in the public domain.

"Your daughter scored better than almost 50% of the children who took the exam.Sadly I don't think she will obtain a place at WGHS but it doesn't mean your daughter couldn't get to University through another school when 50% of children now go to University.Even if one door has closed others will open."
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Ca77

Post by Ca77 »

I did speak to the council school Admissions, your second choice won’t become your first choice on the form, it will be second choice and looked at as a second choice. This is where my dilemma is, my second choice is an oversubscribed school which I know I will only have a chance to get a place at if it’s down as first. If I put it down second i wi more than likely go on a waiting list.
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

Ca77 wrote:I did speak to the council school Admissions, your second choice won’t become your first choice on the form, it will be second choice and looked at as a second choice. This is where my dilemma is, my second choice is an oversubscribed school which I know I will only have a chance to get a place at if it’s down as first. If I put it down second i wi more than likely go on a waiting list.
What is your local authority?
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

thirdtimemum wrote:
Ca77 wrote:I did speak to the council school Admissions, your second choice won’t become your first choice on the form, it will be second choice and looked at as a second choice. This is where my dilemma is, my second choice is an oversubscribed school which I know I will only have a chance to get a place at if it’s down as first. If I put it down second i wi more than likely go on a waiting list.
What is your local authority?
Unsure which schools you are applying for.

However, for instance, if you don’t meet the criteria for your 1st choice of WHGS because the last score in is 320 and your DD scored 319, then your second choice of comp A will become your 1st choice. If you fill all the required criteria, and after they have allocated on looked after children, siblings, faith (or whatever their criteria order is) and there are still places left you will be allocated a place - or you may fall into the siblings, faith etc.

Putting WHGS 1st and not securing a place does not affect your chances of being allocated your 2nd choice. If you put comp A as 1st choice and were successful you would not even be on a W/L for WHGS if you ranked it second.

It is all computer based - it looks at whether you fulfil the criteria or not, and if not moves to 2nd, then 3rd with no prejudice. The school does not know where you ranked them.

As thirdtimemum asked - which authority did you call and did you get their name?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

this is not the case, if you can't get your first choice school then you will be considered with all the others for your second choice school as if it was your first choice. When you say it is oversubscribed - what are the criteria? is it distance?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now