How will results be sent out?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Fishface101

Re: How will results be sent out?

Post by Fishface101 »

Thank you all for answering the original question re how get results. The rest is personal opinion and expressed so vehemently in some cases it makes the op regret ever asking. Seen it many times on here. Thanks anyway
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hope all goes OK fishface101 (love the name by the way - it is what I used to call fish paste when I was a child). Yes you got the answer!

Many of the other comments are probably from anguished experience rather than vehemence.
dette1510

Post by dette1510 »

My neighbour done the same as you last year. Only after waiting she had realised they had also emailed the results too.
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

apillow wrote:October 18th seems a very long wait. When my DD1 sat the test, results were announced on 13th October.
Anyone else think we might get them earlier than the 18th? Some schools are having their open mornings that week which seem a little premature as those dates are usually set for after the results are received.
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

They seem to be a Thursday - I remember in 2016 it was 15th October as DS1 got the results on his birthday :roll: We received the letters for both DS’s on the day we were expecting them, and haven’t heard of them arriving early.
Nella

Post by Nella »

The Foundation website says by the 18th (a Friday btw)so doesn’t specify the actual date they will arrive. I guess that means that they may arrive on the Thursday. :D
Beenstalkingforages!

Post by Beenstalkingforages! »

Birmingham and Warwickshire sit the same test and in Warwickshire we have been told that results will come out from Monday the 14th and that we should contact the county if we haven’t heard by the 18th. They have also said that if we applied via the Warwickshire portal, then that is how we will hear (along with an email). Letters will only be spent out if you applied via paperwork.......
Margo

Post by Margo »

I have heard of the Birmingham results arriving on the Thursday by post.
I’ve taken the Friday off as I have twins getting their results!
Good luck to you all.
Cecilcaterpillar

Post by Cecilcaterpillar »

They arrived on Thursday a couple of years ago and the Warwickshire ones on the Saturday. Expect the Friday, then you'll get a nice surprise when someone on here says they have arrived
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

Beenstalkingforages! wrote:Birmingham and Warwickshire sit the same test and in Warwickshire we have been told that results will come out from Monday the 14th and that we should contact the county if we haven’t heard by the 18th. They have also said that if we applied via the Warwickshire portal, then that is how we will hear (along with an email). Letters will only be spent out if you applied via paperwork.......
I wouldn't be surprised if Birmingham get them at the beginning of the week too. There are a few schools with open mornings that week starting on the Tuesday. I'm thinking Friday as a worst case scenario but will be checking here daily to see when others have received them.