Birmingham admissions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
khyarenness

Re: Birmingham admissions

Post by khyarenness »

helen0209 wrote:The below link (under accessibility) shows that all children eligible for the PP who achieve a standard qualifying score (205) and who live in the catchment area will be able to attend their local selective school if they want.

https://www.schoolsofkingedwardvi.co.uk ... licy-2020/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This to me means that it can be more than 25% - the 25% is a minimum.

If fewer than 38 places (25% of the PAN) are filled by applicants in category
2, offers will be made to children attracting the Pupil Premium who achieve
the qualifying score and live outside the catchment area,until a total of 38
children attracting the Pupil Premium have been offered
. If 38 or more
places are filled by applicants in category 2, there will be no offers made
from this category. Applicants in this category will be ranked by test score.
Where scores are equal, priority will be given to those with a sibling** at the
school; then by distance from the school.

This for me shows they will stop once they reach 38 pupils from cat 2!

There can be no minimum: assume no PP pupil achieved the qualifying score of 205 (minimum score deemded to allow a pupil to be able to stay in grammar school without finding it too difficult) what will they do? Take pupils who achieved below 205? No, they can't do that because they may accept pupils unable to pursue studies in a grammar school.
Wildfuture

Post by Wildfuture »

I think the key word in that is 'fewer'
khyarenness

Post by khyarenness »

Wildfuture wrote:I think the key word in that is 'fewer'
"fewer" means that if from the catchment area they can't manage to have 38 PP pupils with a score higher than 205 they will try to give the remaining places to PP pupils from outside the catchment area who achieve the qualfying score. T he total PP pupils accepted in this "discount" category (> 205 but < 222 (the priority score)) cannot be above 25% of the PAN (38 for Aston).
Tonythetiger

Post by Tonythetiger »

khyarenness wrote:
Wildfuture wrote:I think the key word in that is 'fewer'
"fewer" means that if from the catchment area they can't manage to have 38 PP pupils with a score higher than 205 they will try to give the remaining places to PP pupils from outside the catchment area who achieve the qualfying score. T he total PP pupils accepted in this "discount" category (> 205 but < 222 (the priority score)) cannot be above 25% of the PAN (38 for Aston).
That only applies to category 3. It’s been well documented on many posts and had clarification from the admissions office that there is no limit for PP children who score over 205 IF they’re in catchment. The limit comes in for Category 3 (PP out of catchment), so if the 25% of places haven’t already been filled by the catchment PP children, the remaining places go to the PP children out of catchment up to the 25% limit. They’ve also said in the criteria that there may be no category 3 places at all if over 25% of the places have already been filled by the catchment PP children. Hope that’s clear!
JanetH82

Post by JanetH82 »

hermanmunster wrote:
JanetH82 wrote:I can understand you, I know lots of people do the same thing, they work at restaurants and get cash payment. Husband and wife both work and the payment is more than 200 hundreds every day, and live in the council house and apply for all the benefits, even when apply for school they get priorities as pp.
If you have evidence of people cheating the system then you need to report them
Well I knew many of them were doing this way, they told you all the things they did and even asked you to do the same, but it’s impossible to get any evidence because they used fake names when they arrived in UK as refugees. I knew them very well but I even didn’t know their real names.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

JanetH82 wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:
JanetH82 wrote:I can understand you, I know lots of people do the same thing, they work at restaurants and get cash payment. Husband and wife both work and the payment is more than 200 hundreds every day, and live in the council house and apply for all the benefits, even when apply for school they get priorities as pp.
Well I knew many of them were doing this way, they told you all the things they did and even asked you to do the same, but it’s impossible to get any evidence because they used fake names when they arrived in UK as refugees. I knew them very well but I even didn’t know their real names.
Please stop...if you have concrete proof even if as you say, they were using false names "as refugees" ( :shock: :shock: ) then those names would be what they were known as in the UK benefits etc (I am not even commenting on what a number of refugees have to go through to get here - much of which I would not understand, and I have worked with refugees), but if you have proof, you can report them to benefits, if not, you need to stop spreading information which is effectively nothing more than rumour.

I get that you are worried about your child gaining a place in a school, but falsely maligning others is not an approriate response on this forum.
simplelearning

Post by simplelearning »

JanetH82 wrote:
hermanmunster wrote:
Reading this is like reading the comments section of the Daily Mail :D
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

It's not as if there isn't a perfectly simple solution: abandon your children and flee the area before October 31st (but after filling in your CAF). They will then be taken into care and become Category 1 with priority even over the illegal immigrants (I don't know whether they're illegal but it seems a safe bet) and fake asylum seekers who're cheating on PP.

There's always a way if you're determined enough.
Wendy32

Post by Wendy32 »

Lol !! :lol:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

mike1880 wrote:
There's always a way if you're determined enough.

is that why they call them "determined admission arrangements"?