Qmhs admission 2020

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Leanne10

Qmhs admission 2020

Post by Leanne10 »

I received my daughters results today, she scored 327 (non pp child) how likely is it she will be offered a space?
I’m pretty new to this so after some advice.
Thanks
hermanmunster

Re: Qmhs admission 2020

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi - I have moved your thread to the Birmingham / Walsall section.

Looking at cutoffs for the last couple of years :

March 2019 325
March 2018 320
Leanne10

Post by Leanne10 »

Thank you. I’m new to this page also so was unsure if I had posted in the correct place.
Thanks again.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Leanne10 wrote:I received my daughters results today, she scored 327 (non pp child) how likely is it she will be offered a space?
I’m pretty new to this so after some advice.
Thanks
It is difficult to offer any predictions as to how likely it is your daughter will be offered a place.You have been provided with previous years cut offs.It seems from a quick look at the admissions arrangements for entry on September 2019 there were 150 places of which 30 were pupil premium.This time for September 2020 there will still be 150 places but of which 45 i.e. 30% will be pupil premium.Its also difficult to predict how the new admission arrangements in Birmingham will impact the neighbouring grammar schools.

Keep your fingers crossed.If you are able to consider WGHS I would also have that school in mind.I send my daughter there from Walsall for a number of reasons.You should be aware this year the school will have an extra 35 places of which 25 will be non pupil premium.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Leanne10

Post by Leanne10 »

Wolverhampton is a little to far for us as we live in Birmingham.
Thanks for your reply, I have been reading all the forums but now realise with the changes it’s likely to be far different from last year.
Thanks
abcde12345

Post by abcde12345 »

We are looking at the possibility of WGHS but apprehensive about distance/travel. Would be really grateful of any thoughts on the school in terms of its focus on subjects such as Music and Art; and also what the pastoral care is like.
Thanks very much
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

abcde12345 wrote:We are looking at the possibility of WGHS but apprehensive about distance/travel. Would be really grateful of any thoughts on the school in terms of its focus on subjects such as Music and Art; and also what the pastoral care is like.
Thanks very much
I don't know much about the school itself but am sure others will help you - I just think that you consider the travel carefully, these things can seem OK in daylight by car etc but can be very heavy going for 7 years all year round etc ete - whereabouts are you living now?
abcde12345

Post by abcde12345 »

We're just outside of Halesowen....I think there are possible options but I do feel that travel is, potentially, as important an issue as the school itself and its obviously a long-term commitment....
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

it is equally important, can't benefit from a school if you have a long trek there and and back.
Nella

Post by Nella »

abcde12345 wrote:We're just outside of Halesowen....I think there are possible options but I do feel that travel is, potentially, as important an issue as the school itself and its obviously a long-term commitment....
Hi abcde12345, have you checked how long it would take with public transport? From Halesowen to Wolverhampton on a Sunday looks like it would take 1.5 hrs- probably would need to allow extra time in rush hour!