CAF Form

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Intense

CAF Form

Post by Intense »

Is anyone else having problems with CAF form?

According to birmingham council there is currently a technical problem with those trying to reset password. No idea yet how quickly it will be resolved!
JollyBean

Re: CAF Form

Post by JollyBean »

I was having the same problem. Very frustrating, so after over week of trying & numerous phone calls, I gave up attempting to reset the password, & just opened a new account instead ! The form only took minutes to complete after that.
You do need to use a computer and not your mobile phone apparently to complete the form. Also, you will need to use a different email address to your original in order to open a new account.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Hi Jollybean, if I was in your shoes I would also email your LA explaining your actions. Just to ensure there is absolutely no chance of them bringing up issues at a later date.
JollyBean

Post by JollyBean »

Why ? I mean that in a seriously clueless way. I opened an account, same address, name , phone number etc as all other kids applications had on in previous years. Only difference is new email address. It’s all honest information & a means of inputting my school choices for my child. The application has been accepted.
Please could you explain why you feel I need to call them, as I don’t want to be missing something obvious & mess up the application.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

It will be a different account reference number to the one you previously had. If that previous account had been linked to the current Y6 child then you might find 'computer says no' if you try to open a second account linked to the same child.

Eg if you used one account for the primary application for Child X and then a different account for the secondary application for Child X it may cause problems with processing.

Of course in a sane and sensible world it wouldn't, but you may want to check.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I agree in a sane world it would be perfectly clear that this was a new application due to technical issues. My experience would be that contacting the LA is just covering your back! They can’t then turn around later and say it’s a different account or you put in two applications or they used your first application not your most recent application.

In all probability what you’ve done is fine and clear to the LA without contacting them. As I said I would just want to cover my back.

Edit to add If a mistake is made by the LA the onus is on them to fix it. If they can put the fault back to you it may be a less pressing issue.
Intense

Post by Intense »

This is exactly why I don’t wish to create another account. Seems crazy that the issue can’t be resolved given the important deadline looming??
Tamzh

Post by Tamzh »

I’ve forgotten my password and can’t login. Link to reset password doesn’t work. So I rang up Birmingham School Admissions and the lady I spoke to advised me to check again tomorrow. If the link still doesn’t work then to create a new account with a different email. She said my previous incomplete form will not be taken into account.

They are aware of the issue of the reset password link not working. Don’t know why they are not sorting it Asap.
Fishface101

Post by Fishface101 »

Surely they will be able to tell the difference between the primary school application and new account for a secondary school. Besides when you enter date of birth it tells you that you are applying for year 7 2020?

I don’t even recall applying to primary via computer!

I created new but did not submit yet but does anyone know if we receive a confirmation email to say received by council? That hopefully will be proof it worked with new account.

As soon as QMGS scores out will be submitting form so have time to see if all worked ok before 31 October.
Tamzh

Post by Tamzh »

Remembered my password lol. Tried a few combinations and it worked so glad :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now