Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: KEHS/KE Camp Hill/EHS
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:33 pm 

Hi all. Been reading these forums for the last 18 months and I want to thank every past and present who have posted in threads in this sub section. Your advice has been invaluable in helping in prepare my DD for the 11+.

We're now in the lucky position where DD has got the required score for non-PP and we're half a mile away from Camp Hill so I think she is likely in if we want to send her there.

However, she did sit the KEHS/EHS exams and I wonder if there are any parents who have had children in both schools who can give me some general advice as to whether we should send her to KEHS/EHS should she get in? Fees are affordable simply because grandparents are willing to help with paying them especially DS is 2 years behind and if DD goes private then we will want to send him private too.

Thank you in advance for your replies. And I hope everyone here finds a place for their children in a school of their choice. It has been a long journey with DD and sometimes I've felt punch drunk and I can't believe in a few months I am going to have to do it all again with DS :P!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:14 pm 

Congratulations to your DD. Which school did she like best? Which seems best matched to her current interests and aspirations in terms of GCSE and A level options and extra curricular opportunities on offer?
If she went to camp hill it sounds like a very easy journey for her, and the new catchment means new friends will likely live closer to home.
It makes sense to keep your options open for now and submit your CAF with camp hill first choice.
Best of luck.
(My DD is in similar position: scored well in 11+ and also sat EHS exam).