Walsall result date

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
thirdtimemum

Walsall result date

Post by thirdtimemum »

I've just checked the Qmgs page and it says that letters will be posted on the 21st October. Other information states that letters will be posted 2nd class on the 15th or the week commencing 14th? Anyone aware of which one is correct? All information has come from QMGS none of which I can see if more recent than others.
Just need to get this bit out of the way and the CAF form submitted. Third and last time for me thank goodness.
SKJ76

Re: Walsall result date

Post by SKJ76 »

I seem to recall they are due to be posted next week too.

We are in a similar position to you - can’t complete CAF until these results are received, especially being OOC in brum!!

My DS2 and final 11+ journey too - thank goodness
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

SKJ76 wrote:I seem to recall they are due to be posted next week too.

We are in a similar position to you - can’t complete CAF until these results are received, especially being OOC in brum!!

My DS2 and final 11+ journey too - thank goodness
We are OOC too by 300 yards... I get very cross about it with at least 5 generations of brummies to be told that I'm no longer classed as one. Ds did great on Birmingham and every year would have scored enough for our first choice grammar where his brother goes. I suspect it won't be enough though this year so looking at option b, c, d, e and f lol. I'm just so pleased its all almost over, just need this CAF in and then can put it to the back of my mind.
Pkaur

Post by Pkaur »

We have had a email from Adams Grammar stating results will be posted out around week commencing 21st October. This is our first time on this journey and doesn't leave much time to fill out the CAF form. There is no point putting Adams down on our CAF form if our result is considerably lower than previous cut offs. I wish we were given more time to make these crucial decisions. What if our result is borderline?? and does a mark over previous cute off marks mean there is a high likelihood of a place being given?? all unknowns
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Pkaur wrote:We have had a email from Adams Grammar stating results will be posted out around week commencing 21st October. This is our first time on this journey and doesn't leave much time to fill out the CAF form. There is no point putting Adams down on our CAF form if our result is considerably lower than previous cut offs. I wish we were given more time to make these crucial decisions. What if our result is borderline?? and does a mark over previous cute off marks mean there is a high likelihood of a place being given?? all unknowns
You have to put the scores down in the order or preference for the schools, if you want Adams then put it first, just make sure that lower down the list there is a school you would be happy with if you don't get one of the selective schools
khyarenness

Post by khyarenness »

Pkaur wrote:We have had a email from Adams Grammar stating results will be posted out around week commencing 21st October. This is our first time on this journey and doesn't leave much time to fill out the CAF form. There is no point putting Adams down on our CAF form if our result is considerably lower than previous cut offs. I wish we were given more time to make these crucial decisions. What if our result is borderline?? and does a mark over previous cute off marks mean there is a high likelihood of a place being given?? all unknowns
If the result is borderline it is the most puzzling situation... You can decide to stay in the waiting list and the final answer you may only have it weeks or months after March 20. Some have had placed offered even in September...

Just to say that a few days more or less before the 31st October won't change things much unless you plan to change address.
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

I'm just pleased that I have 6 options and that I know the result before the CAF goes in. I really feel for those who only get 3 or 4 options and when historically the children had to take many different exams and then not to find out the result of the test until after they had applied for the school.
Days do feel like weeks at the moment though :cry:
Mia12

Post by Mia12 »

We have had a email from Adams Grammar stating results will be posted out around week commencing 21st October
Not sure if this is quite accurate. I got an email saying "Please be advised that the consortium have now heard from CEM and the results will be posted out as close to the 21st October as possible". Could be next week or the week after. It's a guessing game.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

It is correct all results in the schools in the Walsall consortium will be going out on Monday 21st October 2019.

QM boys this year had 1400 applicants for 180 places.This is slightly up on last year but not by very much.The school does not envisage any changes to the catchment rules in the short term and have not discussed any changes.They will assess the impact in March 2020 but have no plans to make any changes to catchments.

The qualifying score for pupil premium places this year is likely to be 300.It has been 305 in the last two years.Last year there were about 3 to 4 people on the pupil premium waiting list.30% of the 180 places will be pupil premium.There were a total of 150 places this year.It is unlikely the catchment rules for preference for pupils at Walsall primary schools will come into play this year.

The non pupil premium cut off in the last two years for the last person admitted has been 333.This is not the same as the cut off in March of the year when places are initially allocated.

All this information was provided by the schools head at an open afternoon today.I went to get a feel for the school under the new head Mr Langton who took over from the previous head Tim Swaine in 2018.I hadn't been to the school for a few years and my youngest is thinking of an application for the sixth form.We are open minded.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Cosmo6

Post by Cosmo6 »

Confirmed....results are out this week :D From previous experience, they are usually posted midweek, 2nd class to arrive Fri/Sat....Think any school saying otherwise is trying to go with the element of surprise :shock:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now